Meet His Parents

-At the new restaurant that YoungJi and her colleagues were having-

"C'mon guys! One more shot!" One of the female colleagues asked with a drunk voice.

YoungJi refused as she felt a little tipsy after 2 shots but her colleagues asked her to drink one more.

"YoungJi shii...just one more...You'll be fine," One of the male colleagues said in drunkard state.

"Aigoo...she's really a light drinker," Another colleague of hers nudged her shoulder.

"One more! One more," Another urged and her colleagues followed.

YoungJi looked at them with a slight dizziness and held up her shot. Her colleagues cheered and looked forward her drinking the shot. However, as she unwillingly about to drink the last shot, someone stole her small cup and drank it for her. Everyone was surprised to see who he was especially YoungJi.

"Leo...? What are you doing here?" YoungJi asked in a tipsy condition.

"You weren't suppose to drink more than 2 shots," Leo reprimanded her slightly.

"...I can handle it. I'm strong see..," She stood up but her legs gave away.

Leo quickly caught her and she fell on his arms. Leo excused himself to bring her home while her colleagues still drinking.

=======

Leo piggybacked her and walked slowly towards home. He glanced over to her who was sleeping. He muttered and chuckled lightly to himself,"You are really weak in alcohol.."

A little while later, YoungJi slowly woke up and opened her eyes groggily. She felt she was being piggybacked by Leo.

"I'm heavy am I?" YoungJi suddenly said which made him slightly surprised.

"Yah, how long have you woken up?" Leo asked.

"I just woke up..," YoungJi pouted.

"And to answer to your question. Yes. You are heavy," Leo teased but maintained a poker face.

When she heard that, she did not even get angry but instead she said in a teasing tone,"Well...I am a perfect weight for your workout.."

Leo chuckled lightly and looked up to the dark starry sky. YoungJi then closed her eyes again and tightened her arms around his neck. She adjusted herself and leaned her head on his broad back.

Then she said,"Leo ah, thank you for drinking the last shot for me."

Leo curved a smile to himself and walked home while humming lullaby.

======

The next morning, YoungJi woke up with a slight headache. She went down to the kitchen and grabbed a glass to pour herself a glass of water. She gulped down and gave a loud sigh. Leo who had been in the kitchen, noticed her rubbing her temple and greeted her,"Morning. I've made you a hangover soup. Go and eat it there on the table."

"Hangover soup?" YoungJi asked back and approached the bowl of soup.

She brought the bowl of soup towards her nose and smelled it. She took a spoon and tasted it.

"Wow..it's really good," She sounded impressed by his soup.

"Youngji ah, you have nothing to do today right?" Leo asked.

She shooked her head and asked,"Wae?"

"Meet my parents today," Leo casually said.

When she heard that, she spurted the soup that was in her mouth towards his face unintentionally. Leo froze for a while at the soup that had splattered all over his face. YoungJi saw the soup on his face and quickly grabbed a tissue to wipe his face.

"I'm soooooo sorry! It's just that you caught me...off guard..," YoungJi sounded frantic.

Leo grabbed another tissue and wiped his face cleaned.

"And you TOTALLY caught me off guard with this," Leo said and walked to the kitchen to wash his face.

He then returned to the dining room and sat back. He then continued saying,"So later, we will go in the evening."

This time, instead of spurting the soup to his face again, YoungJi swallowed hard and asked in nervos tone,"Seeing your parents today?...Why all this sudden meet up..?"

"It seems that my parents heard of our "relationship" and wanted to see you. It's just part of formality," Leo told her.

"I can't," YoungJi firmly said.

"What do you mean you can't?" Leo looked at her.

"It's too sudden! I'm not ready to see your parents," YoungJi put down her spoon & walked to her room.

Leo watched her walking off and tried to think of something. He did not want his parents to think that he's just making a girlfriend up just to stop them matchmaking him.

After breakfast, Leo walked to her room and knocked on her door. He knocked a few times until she opened the door. She led him in and they sat across one another.

"I know what you are going to say but the answer is still no," YoungJi said firmly while looking down at her laps.

"YoungJi ah, you need to help me. I need their trust on this. And this is very important to me," Leo pleaded for the first time.

"I don't know, Leo ah...I've been through this kind of thing and truthfully, the impression that I showed to them..is a disaster..," YoungJi said while remembering the day that she met up with her ex-boyfriend's parents.

"But I really need your help. If they think I'm lying about all this girlfriend thing, they will matchmake me with their choice," Leo begged while grabbing both her hands.

YoungJi looked at him and she couldn't resist to not helping a person who needs her help. She sighed and gave slight nod.

"So does that mean you'll help me?" Leo looked eager.

"I'll do it...but you need to help me get prepared," YoungJi said to him.

Leo nodded.

"You know...today I get to see another side of you," YoungJi chuckled at his begging and pleading.

Leo noticed what he did and quickly let go. He looked elsewhere and rubbed the back of his neck due to the embarrassement.

"You are kinda cute when you did that," YoungJi teased.

When he heard that, he turned to her and she noticed what he wanted to do. She rushed out and he ran after her.

==========

Later that evening, both Leo and YoungJi had gotten ready for the dinner with his parents. Leo drove them to his parents' mansion and parked suavely once they reached. YoungJi stepped out of the car after Leo opened the door for her. She was amazed at how big the mansion was. She swallowed hard and Leo noticed how nervous she was.

He held her hand with his warm hand and looked at her with a smile,"Everything will be okay. Just remember what we have practiced. I know you can do this."

She felt assured and breathed in deeply while saying softly,"Let's do this."

Just then, the butler of the mansion approached them and said while gave a polite greeting bow,"Mr Jung Taek Woon shii and Miss Heo YoungJi. Follow me."

Both YoungJi and Leo looked at each other with resolute.