My long lost sister

"So, You are the real Genna, Matt is your boyfriend, Ethan has a boyfriend and I am an idiot. Cool."

I muttered, sinking further in the couch in embarrassment, not wanting to face either of them. I added, "So, where does Allen fit in all this chaos? You aren't dating him?"

"For the last time, N-O. We are good friends. Besides, It's hard to take a guy serious when you practically had potty training with him, with Dad being his male nanny. I think, Matt is cool, though a little dorky but cool."

"I know right? He is such a baby."

Matt cleared his throat, "And Matt got elephant ears too to listen to both of you gossiping about him."

"Okay. Let me rephrase that you are the real genna. Matt is your boyfriend with Elephant ears, Ethan has a boyfriend. Allen is your good friend and I am an idiot. Cool."

Both of them laughed as I slapped my palm over my face. What was I even thinking? Ethan was always way out of my league, anyway. He is not even 'that' hot.

Who cares! Nope, not me.

We trudged to the dining area after most of the guests had left, with only few of us staying back. Ethan was still in the room upstairs with his boyfriend. Genna wanted us, particularly Matt to meet her parents and I was sticking around for his emotional support though Arthur was nothing to be afraid of. While the family scrambled around meeting their guests, Matt told me about how Genna likes to use her middle name Isabel because it was her mother's name. She wanted something to keep her close to her always after she passed away. Soon enough, Arthur remarried another woman.

What kept me wondering was, where Allen had been, The party was organised for his successful event but I didn't see any of the Crawfords around.

I sipped from my cup of sprite, noticing as Genna inched towards us with Arthur and her step mom. Taking a closer look at the woman caused me to have a full blown coughing fit after choking on sprite. Matt rubbed my back to get me to calm down.

The last person I'd expect to be here was mom.

Arthur married...my mom?

She seemed equally as surprised as me as her hazel eyes landed on me. She was laughing, chatting with Genna before that. And most of all, She looked..happy. Something I hardly saw when she was with us.

Guilt washed over me for ruining their night. It would have been perfect, if it wasn't for me here. I shoved past Matt, rushing over to the door, and outside the house.

I stopped in my tracks only after realising I had no car. Running out of options of what to do, I walked along the pavement, not sure where I was going. I looked at my buzzing cell phone with a message, "Hey, Where are you?"

It was Ethan.

I quickly replied back, telling him a short version of the entire drama. He didn't answer back. Even he was fed up of my sob story, no wonder he always refused when I asked him to meet. He had many excuses lined up, his favourite being his dance rehearsals for the upcoming tour of Allen across the Europe.

I was so lost in my thoughts, I hadn't even realised, I reached right in front of Betty Baker.

Betty Cruz now, I guess.

I crossed the abandoned cupcake shop which seemed to be not so comforting anymore to the back of it. Few lights illuminated the lakeside with an almost broken bench sitting under a streetlight.

I leaned against the railing onlooking the lake, letting my tears flow with no restriction. The thing is, I don't even know what I am upset for.

Was it for being a disappointing kid in school for Dad to not like me enough anymore? Was it because Mom was happier with someone else's daughter than her own? Was it because of ruining my best friend's night?