A night full of surprises

I yawned, shifting uncomfortably in the tiny chair of the cafe, while flipping through the pages of Celebxo, the weekly gossip magazine, trying to keep myself awake.

The previous week had been quite rough. Margaret threw me out, what new, right? The rundown Betty baker had been my solace since then because Matt's mom doesn't like me, and Margaret even took my first paycheck. So, I am basically homeless, moneyless, jobless, foodless and what not.

Matt would eventually arrange my food and save up few bucks for my very essential morning coffee and save my ass from dying of withdrawal.

Turning few pages into the magazine, there laid a two page photograph of The Crawford's modelling event. At the left corner, picture of Cruz and I was printed. Unknowingly a sigh escaped, knowing my one night of fame ended as quickly as it began.

I glanced at the picture again. Mom and Dad would have been proud of me for once. If only, they cared enough.

I walked over to the counter to collect my order. Lots of people rushed in and out in hurry, saying a lot of the popularity of Drew's coffee house. Just then, My cell phone started blaring in my jeans pocket with message notification, few in a row.

Last night, I slept while talking to Ethan. So, It was probably him. For an awkward penguin kinda guy, he sure talks a lot. I mean, A lot. Half of which doesn't even make sense.

I paid for my coffee and was marching out, when someone crashed into me, knocking the cup off from my hand over my plaid shirt.

"Fish. Sorry, I wasn't looking."

A voice came, apologising. I looked up to find myself in front of none other than the jerk Allen Crawford. His regretful expression quickly turned into a satanic smirk, "And we meet again. This is such a small world. Isn't it, princess?"

I was feeling a lot of things right now and uncomfortable doesn't even begin to describe it. Making a deal for him to be my prom date with Ethan seemed easy but standing in front of him and being an object to his gaze made me tremble.

I admit being an almost fangirl to him but I wasn't that crazy. Okay maybe, I lied to my whole school of Allen being my date which he is now. So, technically It doesn't count.

"Yea-uhm" He took a last glance at me, and winked before sauntering off to a booth whistling some Adele song.

My cell phone wouldn't stop blowing with message notifications, so, I pulled it out to check. Nine messages.

You coming tonight at Arthur's party?

Yay or nay?

Hello from the other side.

I just realised Cinderella can be shortened to Cindy which is so similar to Sandy. Haha. No? K bye.

REPLY TO ME, GIRL. IT'S BEEN LIKE DECADES.

You know what day it is, tomorrow? Sand-ayy

Did my awesomeness had you fainting or something?

*5000 years later* still waiting for the reply

I got tired of waiting, wondering you were ever coming around

This had me laughing madly in the middle of the coffee house and had everyone glaring at me like I just farted a rainbow. Allen chuckled but it quickly died down, while signing an autograph for some teen girl.

I tried to cover up the embarrassment with a nervous laugh and walking out of the place. My cell dinged again with a message, You have a cute smile.