Cinderella, It's not midnight [3]

I put on a brave smile and walked straight, all the lights and noise washing away any opinions that could affect me. All those eyes on me didn't bother me anymore. It was my moment and no one's gonna take it away from me and I came backstage with more confidence that I took there.

"I need to hug you but I cannot ruin your makeup. So, remind me later." Allen beamed with joy saying this, doing a weird happy dance with Isabel.

There were few more rounds, It ended with Allen taking his mother to stage.

After all the action was done, we were left to roam around and eat whatever we can in the buffet. Well, that was the sweetest deal. Wasn't it? I cashed in 2000 dollars just like that and Free Food, Extremely delicious by the looks of it, might I add.

I could see from the corner of my eye, Matt was following my every move suspiciously but I was way too deeply engrossed in my piece of brownie which I sprinkled with a spoon of Vanilla ice cream and few other things. Watching the couples dance awkwardly with soft piano instrumental playing was amusing. It couldn't get better.

"May I ?" I heard a familiar voice, I turned around finding a guy knelt on his one knee reaching out his hand. Dude, you better not be asking for my brownie.

"You are not getting my food. No 2000 dollars will do this time, Ethan. Get your own." I replied, taking a spoonful in my mouth.

"You are not serious, right?" He stood up shaking his head and sighed.

"What made you think, I am not." I gulped as I finished the last bite and threw the empty cup, staring right back at him, like always he averted his gaze.

He again shook his head in disapproval and dragged me by my wrist in the middle of swarm of people where they were dancing and placed my right hand on his shoulder, holding the other one and resting his free hand on my waist.

Little did he know, I can't dance for the sake of it. His warming smile assured me to just follow his lead and relax.

"How is your mother?" I asked, as he twirled me around and tugged me back in, and I ended up stepping on his shoe making him wince in pain. Not sure if it was the heel or my weight.

"She is doing well now. By the way, I came here when you were slaying up there on the runway. Where did that confidence come from?"

"You know, Allen is quite a motivator." I sarcastically replied.

"Right. As if. I'd quote Cruz here, he is indeed a son of a popsicle and not to mention, a rude arrogant jerk." He scoffed.

"Who cares? Aren't all rich-" I couldn't form anymore words as I saw Margaret with Melissa and Kelsey. They were pointing fingers at me and she looked like a angry lioness who was about to maul her prey to death.

"That's my cue to leave. It was nice meeting you Ethan." I laughed nervously, pushing him back and sprinting towards the entrance.

Ethan who was confused, yelled something incoherent but I was too frightened and in panic to comprehend it as I raced down the stairs, crashing into someone at the end of the staircase.

It was matt.

The cell phone in his hand went flying in other direction. An image of Margaret flashed through my mind as I sprinted away before Matt could say anything.

I stopped by a car to catch my breath when the car's door opened and it revealed another familiar face. It was Arthur.

He smiled, after listening to all of my sob story in brief and decided to drop me back to Betty Baker..

***

A/N - I'm back..yet again sadly for ya guys but I'm one annoying bunny so deal with it.

Sooooooooo.... Cinderella ran away. But left nothing? *gasps* or maybe she did. ;) Oh my god how the prince gonna find her now? Or maybe he won't? Or maybe someone else will? But heck..who even is the prince? Who knows? Ethan? Allen? Matt? Or Cruz, you never know? *stroking my imaginary beard* Who knows hmm...

Oh oh oh according to wattpad, I've got readers ( Shocker lol) from- Jamaica, Nigeria, Pakistan, Egypt, Malaysia, Indonesia, Austria, Rwanda, USA, Ethiopia, Kenya, Netherlands, Australia, Canada, India, UK,Morocco, Portugal, Slovakia, Uganda, Philippines. Yeah, that's all I guess and I don't know why I just listed that though. I don't know if it is accurate or not because I hardly get votes or comments (Yes, I'm pointing all of my fingers at you mate!) But this is so coooooool (extra oo's to indicate the coolness)

But someday I am gonna travel the world and give you all a hug because I'm cool like that. Hohoho . Until then, free virtual hugs for everyone :D

And this (Go melt you people)