Random rants

"You are hiding things from your best friend now, Really, Sand-D? Don't chu love your smurf anymore."

If It hadn't been his incredibly effective puppy dog eyes and ability to melt me by pouting like a five year old, I'd have smacked this guy in the face.

Also, If only I had enough strength to even lift my hand.

He put antiseptic on the cuts on my hands, making me wince in pain and pull my hand away quickly.

He took my hand back, and traced his fingers along the bruises gently with a sorrowful look, about to burst in tears again but regaining his funny guy facade.

"Matt. Stop making me laugh, I am angry with you. On a side note, no machos for chu smurf" I joked.

He didn't say a word and applied a band-aid on a gash around my forehead. I leaned against the Betty Baker's shabby walls. The windows in front of me acted like a mirror, highlighting each and every wound, red marks running down my hands and stomach clearly, making me relive the last night's horror over and over again.

Guess, It wasn't as cruel as the last time which made me suffer to the point of getting hospitalised.

How Margaret even convinced my dad that It was a fall from stairs is unimaginable. How dad couldn't see the marks from whip is still a mystery to me.

Or maybe he didn't want to see.

Last night, After Arthur dropped me here, I was expecting anything but Margaret to be here.

She was furious.

For probably recognising me from the event but covering it up with the excuse of the broken window glass, leaving me with the cuts and bruises after her exit an hour later while I whimpered in pain all night long, and eventually crying myself to sleep.

Matt, having an idea of the situation rushed early here in the morning, found me on the floor. He arranged some basic first aid from his parents and woke me up, crying, stating that it was his fault. Little did he know, His tears hurt more than those wounds. The last thing, I wanted, was to have my best friend bawling in front of me blaming himself for the deeds of a diabolical bitch named Margaret.

I had to spent twenty five minutes to get him to stop crying and tissues. Lots of them.

"I need all the gossip. If you are thinking, by any chance, that Matthew Gregory would mistake not recognising his best friend who out of the blue showed up at an exclusive event and modelled for The Crawfords, then you couldn't be more wrong, my sweetheart" He rambled, trying to lighten up my mood, after shutting down his kit, looking for something in his bag.

I eyed him sceptically, "Nope. I am not telling you anything and why does that even matter, huh? Not like you care since Genna came."

He gasped dramatically, and stared at me wide eyed. If I knew him pretty well, I'd say he was about to go for plan emotional blackmailing sandy till she throws up her last night buffet.

And here goes the random rant in three, two-

"Recall those times when we shared the bed at sleepovers and you being a blanket hog would take away the warm blanky while I tried to crawl into the leftover bits but not wake you up,

When we learned the complete rap to Eminem's Crazy in love song so you could impress that pretty boy of yours in 7th grade with your skills. But instead he called you 'Saru' walking away, making us rejoice until one month later, we get to know Saru is monkey in Japanese. Not his fault though. Probably wasn't the best song to approach a guy or maybe I, as a background dancer wasn't doing a good enough job.

When I endured the whole traumatizing experience of horror house just to accompany you."

I munched on the macho, amused by his memorising power, not budging a bit.

"When we tried to hide your favorite rubber ducky from the smelly Samantha but fell in a ditch, you cried and squeezed my hands tightly while getting stitches,

My mama don't like you but she likes everyone but thats because you accidentally hit me in the face with a brick. But hey I don't care and we are still bffs and always will be. Quit with the holier-than-thou attitude already. Hundreds of gennas can bump off if they are costing me my friendship."

"Jeez. I get it. Stop that my excessively melodramatic biatch and who said, hitting you with a brick was an accident?" I teased him, slapping his shoulder lightly, throwing him the box.

"Call it whatever. So, now would you be kind enough to tell about what happened last night minus the Margaret part or should I continue ranting recalling you of those embarrassing moments as well?" He wiggled his eyebrows saying the last part.

"I wish to include first the part about you Matty boy and that model girlfriend of yours." I wiggled my eyebrows back.

"You met her? Right, ofcourse you did. Wasn't she amazing there? And she actually liked the pickup line. Ha!"

"Right. Her rude ass will throw you out of her life as soon as she gets to date Allen. She is desperate for him if you are in doubt."

"Allen would be the last person on the earth she'd date. She said that herself"

"And you believed her? Just like that? Ignorant boyfriend alert."

"The key to a successful relationship is Trust, honeybun. Maybe we should hang out sometime. All three of us, just to know each other better. Upcoming Saturday? Mr. Cruz is organising a party on Allen's behalf for the successful show."

"I don't think, I want to see her face again."

"Come on Sandy. For me? Pretty please with a macho on top?"

"Fine. Last time. I will back out if she turns out as weird as your last girlfriend."

"She wasn't even that weird, Sandy."

"Matt, going as a giant foot in a Halloween party IS weird."

"Oh my God, that was one time. One time."

"I still have pictures of you going as a pair of feet though"

"Doesn't matter since we won the best costume."

Matt scoffed, rolling his eyes. Just then, Sudden pounding on the door startled both of us. He quickly got up and ushered over to answer it, gesturing me to stay.

"What the heck is this?"

He was mumbling, coming back with a plastic cup of Drew's coffee house in his hand.

I walked over to get a better look. It had a phone number in back and words scribbled in an unrecognisable font which I deciphered after a very long five minutes as 'Hello, Cinderella.'

Opening the lid, It revealed a cheque.

Ethan.

I wasn't serious when I demanded those dollar bills but oh well. Be right back, buying a few islands, probably a giraffe and huge stock of Hershey's kisses

***

A/N - A COOKIE FOR ANYONE WHO VOTE AND COMMENT ;)

We reached 1.2k omg omg omg. Few days ago, it was like 700? Thank you everyone.

I'll be updating again in like 3 days to make up for this filler chapter :)

P.s. Be prepared for the real action in next chapters bwahaha