32

"We need to tell our parents still"

"Do we have to?"

"Luke, it's been three and a half months and we keep putting it off"

"I know, I know. Let's do yours first. We'll go visit mine" I nodded and grabbed my laptop and brought up Skype.

"I hope they're in"

"I hope they're not"

"Luke"

"They'll probably hate me now for getting their twenty two year old daughter pregnant"

"They really like you. They always ask about you" I told him just as the call was answered. I moved the laptop so we were both in the picture.

"Hi, Maddie, Luke" My mum said as she answered.

"Hi" Luke and I replied.

"What's up with you guys? I feel like we haven't spoke in a while"

"We have something to tell you, is dad there?" She nodded and got up to go find him. I took Luke's hand in mine, feeling how nervous he was. Both my parents came back and sat down and we exchanged greetings with my dad.

"So, what did you need to tell us?" My dad asked.

"Um, I'm pregnant" I said slowly, trying to judge their reactions.

"Maddie, that's fantastic" My mum exclaimed. "We're going to be grandparents. Now I feel old"

"Congrats, you two. You must be happy" My dad said and we both nodded.

"How far along are you?"

"3 and a half months"

"That's quite a while"

"We were still getting used to it ourselves" Luke told them.

"Nearer the birth, we'll come home so we're with you" My mum said and my dad nodded.

"Seriously?" They nodded. "Thank you"

"We should go. Good luck with Luke's parents"

"How'd you know we haven't told them?"

"If you hadn't told us, you're not going to have told them" They knew that Luke's mum and I didn't get on overly well.

"Well, thanks"

"We love you both, bye"

"Love you too" I said before hanging up.

"Your parents are cute"

"See, I told you they loved you"

"You're always right, aren't you?"

"I get it from my mum"

"Shall we go to my parents?"

"Can we go tomorrow? I'm tired" He nodded and put my laptop away before stripping down the just his boxers and getting under the covers. I did the same, taking off my sweatpants to leave me in my underwear and one of Luke's shirts.