22

"Why are you so nervous?" I asked Luke as we walked up the path to my parents front door.

"Because I'm meeting your parents. What if they don't like me and forbid me from seeing you?"

"Luke, it'll be fine"

"Really?"

"Oh, my older brother's here too. That's his car" I said, pointing at the dark blue car next to us.

"You have a brother?" I nodded before knocking on the door. "That makes me feel no better"

"Maddie! What are you doing here?" My mum said pulling me into a hug.

"We thought we'd come visit"

"And who is we?" She asked, turning her attention to Luke, smiling wide.

"This is my boyfriend, Luke"

"Boyfriend? You kept that one quiet"

"We haven't really been together that long"

"Nice to meet you, Mrs Tate" Luke said as my mum pulled him into a hug.

"Don't be silly, call me Alison" Luke nodded. "Come in" She stepped aside, letting us walk through into the living room where my brother and dad were sat.

"Maddie!" My dad said as I got up to hug me. "Who's this?"

"I'm Luke, Maddie's boyfriend" Luke introduced himself to my dad and brother, shaking my dad's hand.

"Boyfriend, ey?" My dad said, looking at me. I nodded.

"Call me Tom" My dad told him to which Luke nodded.

"Luke, this is my older brother, Kieran"

"Nice to meet you" Luke greeted him.

"You too" Kieran replied. "Who would've thought you'd get a boyfriend" Kieran joked making me nudge him. Luke chuckled and took a seat next to me.

"So how did you guys meet?" My mum asked as she sat down opposite on the same sofa as my brother whilst my dad was sat on the armchair.

"Luke came into the store I work at, then we met again at a party"

"Luke, do you work?"

"I did. I'm at college though"

"What are you studying?"

"Maths"

"How's your dance stuff going, Maddie?"

"I just got my old job back so I can start when we get home"

"That's good"

"Yeah, I'll be getting more money as well so at least I don't have to struggle"

"Things are working out for you then" I nodded, taking Luke's hand in mine as I did.

"Have you guys been together long because Maddie's never mentioned you?"

"We met a month ago and got together pretty quick" Luke told them.

"And you flew over here already? God, you guys must be quite serious"

"We are. Luke bought the tickets to come here and surprised me"

"Thank you for allowing our daughter to come visit us. She's been once since we moved here"

"I wanted to come too and Maddie wanted me to meet you guys so it made sense"

"What are you guys plans for while you're here?"

"We're going to do some tourist things, shopping and then Luke wants to eat as much food as possible"

"Where are you guys staying?"

"A hotel nearer the city"

"You could've stayed here"

"We didn't want to be a burden" Luke said yet we both knew it was actually for very different reasons.