Cinderella's Tears ~ Chapter 10

I bowed down as low as I could, the way I have seen other girls do.

"Your highness," I addressed The Prince.

He bowed back, but not as over exaggerated as I had been. He lifted his hand and offered it to me.

"May I have this dance?" 

I started at his hand, debating whether I should or not accept. He looked at me with such intensity, it made me recoil. I quickly grabbed his hand. I guess that wasn't a question. 

The Prince guided me to the dance floor and put my arms around his neck. He then, placed his hands on my waist. I adjusted my hands and gripped his shoulders. Around us, girls stared at us. They looked at us in disbelief. Zoey was also wide eyed.

I tried to show no emotion as I danced with the prince.

"I thought I told you not to come," he hissed. 

"I was never good at listening," I replied, straight faced.

He scoffed, "Yeah obviously."

I narrowed my eyes, "I apologize, Prince."

He glared at me, "Quit the act, Diane."

I didn't reply. I averted my eyes away from his glaze and created more space between our bodies. He didn't seem to agree with the idea. He tightened his grip around my waist and pulled me even closer. I buried my face into his chest. He was taller than me so I didn't need to look at me.

"Dylan."

Even if I couldn't see his face I knew that he was smirking. 

"Why didn't you tell me?" I wondered.

"Tell you what?"

"Hmmm, maybe the fact that you are the Prince!?"

"Oh. I just didn't think that was important enough." He stated simply.

I obnoxiously rolled my eyes and gave him an are-you-serious look. He just strugged.

For a moment we didn't say anything, only enjoyed the presence of each other. Then Dylan broke the silence:

"You look very beautiful."

I was shocked at these words. I looked at him in disbelief.

"Really?"

There was a tight feeling in my chest. I felt so excited. Dylan looked away. 

"Yeah," he mumbled.

I unconsciously touched my face, to find it burning. When Dylan looked back at me, he looked surprised. He kept staring at my face with a sorry look on his face. Just like Lisa...

His face changed once again. Now Dylan's eyes were filled with amusement. I stepped away from me. This is getting weird... Around me, I could hear snickers. What the?

Dylan took my face with his hand and faced it towards me. I looked at him confused.

"You can't be serious? He asked. I took his hand and pushed it away.

"What do you mean?" I looked at him cautiously. He didn't say anything. He cheeks turned a rosy color. I looked around. Girls covered their mouths with their hand or a modern fan they were carrying around. The guys covered their mouths as if they were coughing. Some had their backs hunched and were shivering.

Laughing, I realized. They were laughing at me.

"What's going on?" I asked Dylan. 

He burst into laughter. Then the crowd that gathered around us, erupted into laughter, along with Dylan.