Chapter 5

Sans P.O.V

Before Saf and I could protest Chels ran up the stairs, leaving us flustered and sitting in a pool of awkward. "Welp, you heard the woman" Safire whispered standing and extending a hand to help me up. "Yo-your ok with this?" She blushed a little,"well, what would happen if she woke up and saw one of us on the couch? Shewouldbesadandwewouldntwantthatsoooo......" She explained, looking down. I laughed she's adorable. "I guess your right." I got up to show her to my room. Before we reached my room at the end of the hall, she said she wanted to check on Chelsea. That's when I remember that there's a guest room. I was about to tell her, but I'm really excited about the fact that we are sleeping together so, screw it. My room and Chelsea's room are diagonal from each other and set in a way that I can hear her if my room is quiet but I can't see into her room unless I'm out in the hall. My bedroom, however, used to be a huge, huge, HUGE storage unit so it just so happens that the inside of my room is sound proof. I was so anxious about her sleeping over I had to check to see.....if....we...had...ul..ti...mate...pr..I..va..cy......... Now that I think about how........perverted.......that sounds.....um....... Jeez Sans. What do you even think is gong to go on in that bedroom? You two will sleep in there for the sake of Chelsea's game and nothing else. Safire isn't like that she.....wouldn't.......... My thoughts trailed off as Saf walked into the room. Her pajamas were the reason. She wore short shorts and a see-through tank top with a hello kitty bra. You pervert. Why are you staring at her like that? "Heeeellllloooooo? Earth to Sans?" She was in my face now, waving one hand in my face and snapping her fingers with the other. "Wha-what ha-happened s-Saf?" "Well, since you asked...." She said with a smirk"the moment I walked in and suggested we play truth or dare you zoned out. What's wrong, getting goosebumps? Are you........ A CHICKEN!?" She started doing the chicken dance saying," this is interpretive dance. What am I interpreting you might ask? Why, I'm interpreting Sans-the Chicken-Anderson." I blushed a little and mumbled a low, "that's not what happened.." She stopped, becoming concerned. She sat on my bed, gestured to sit next to her, and said in a fake mocking tune,"what's wrong, you can tell me? Seriously though... Are you....feeling ok?" That kind of took me off guard. "Sans, cuz" she only says 'cuz' when she's being serious. She really is concerned. A tear rolls down her face. She sniffs and says,"I don't mean to sound creepy but, usually I can read you and you can read me. We're just that close, you know? I have no idea what's wrong right now. It feels like I'm losing the only person I have left and.....and..I CANT HANDLE THAT!!" She's in tears now. I finally sit next to her and hug her as tightly as I can and say,"you never told me what was wrong before. I can't tell you what's bugging me unless you tell me what's bugging you. You never know. The thing bugging me could be that something's bugging you." "That's where you're wrong. I may not know exactly what's wrong, but I know that it isn't concern for me.

Your P.O.V

Sans is obviously shocked by your answer"wh-what do you mean Saf?" "I mean you have this look on your face. Like, your trying to look into my eyes and read what's inside my brain. It's adorable. And it's probably the reason I started to like you............I'm sorry. I didn't want to mess up what we had as friends and cousins but, if me telling you this will make you tell me what's wrong, then I'll take the risk...........And there is one more thing. Just before my dad died he said,' tell him and he'll understand. Your not really related to him. He might even feel the same way. Your feelings, they're ok.' Those were his last words. I didn't get it. I knew he couldn't be talking about you though. In my heart, I wish he was. But in my mind, I knew. It couldn't be you. You don't feel the way I do. And.....I have to live with that. It's the harsh re-" Sans cut me off with a kiss on the cheek. "I like you a lot Saf. God damn it. Safire, I was so nervous about you sleeping here because I thought I'd confess to you and you wouldn't like me anymore. Isn't that ironic? What I feared this whole time came true. I never would have guessed for it to turn out like this though. I thought, I don't know. I couldn't handle thinking about the bad stuff. I didn't want the person I cared about the most to despise me. So I stayed away from the thought. 'She'll just sleep on the couch' I said. Over and over. I tried to convince myself. But that little nagging thought that you would decide to sleep in my room got me flustered, excited, and sad. In that order too. And I-" why did he stop talking? Oh yeah. It's cuz IM LAUGHING MY ASS OFF. "Wh-why are you laughing?" I calmed down a bit. But only a bit. "I just think it's hilarious that both of us were afraid of the same thing happening because we both felt the same way." The giggles were gone now. "The worst part, is that I found a journal that said for Safire's eyes only. Every page of it was about a way to tell you that you and I weren't related and we'd probably grow feelings for each other and more of that blah blah blah. But now that we're both done being sad, now that there is literally no possible way to be more awkward, can we please play truth or dare?" He chuckled. "You sure know your priorities Saf." You both knew that was a reluctant yes, but a yes none the less. You heard him whisper an oh boy as you cracked your knuckles. You looked at him with a devious grin. By the time your done with him, neither of you will have any secrets left to hide.