Chapter 11

(Dallas' POV)

I stared, tears dripping every second onto his forearm and wrist. "W-Why, babe?" I said, choking on tears as I spoke.

"I'm sorry." he whispered. I wiped my eyes, and brought my lips down to his scarred arms. I let my lips linger over all eight cuts. I sat back up, and turned my head to the window.

"Dallas," he began, sounding hesitant. "I'm sorry." I closed my eyes, more tears sliding slowly down my cheeks from under my eyelids. "Please believe me when I say that." he said, sounding desperate.

I nodded. "Please come here." he said quietly. I didn't budge, I knew that if I laced my fingers with his, kissed him gently, and cuddle him tightly like I wanted to, I'd start crying like a baby. Why did he do that? Does he not know that when he's hurt, I hurt too? Did I not tell him enough? Am I the reason he's cutting?

"Please?" he trailed a shaky hand down my back. I looked down and scooted backwards slowly. He came behind me, and sat, chin on my shoulder. He tilted his head and kissed my cheek. "Are you angry with me?" he whispered.

I shook my head, "I can't be. I've tried, believe me." I said. He chuckled lightly and I could feel his cool breath hitting my cheek, raising goose bumps on my arms.

We sat in silence for a moment. I wanted to ask him why he did that. I turned around and put my legs around his waist, securing my balance. I grabbed him arm, focusing on his wrist. "Why'd you do this?" I asked. He shook his head. "Tell me, Andy. I at least want to know why." I said, tears welling in my eyes again. I hated seeing him so... off. So down, and out. So... depressed.

"Please?" I wrapped my arms around his neck, and nuzzled my nose on his cheek, puckering my lips and pecking the skin. "I'm sorry." was all he said, no explanation.

"Is it me," I began. "Please tell me if it is, I can leave. Fall break is almost over, you know? I can go to my parents' house instead, I-" he stopped my rambling with his lips, taking mine in. He placed his hands on my hips.

Once our lips parted, he pressed his forehead to mine. "Please don't say things like that. I'd never ask you to leave." he nearly whispered. My cheeks heated up, and my eyes stayed locked with his. I absentmindedly reached for his wrist again, running my fingers over the rugged skin.

"Can you.. at least tell me why?" I asked hesitantly, not wanting to upset him.

"I'd rather not." he looked down, breaking eye contact.

I sighed, disappointed. "Okay." I got up, pecking his cheek. I walked to the door, throwing my hair in a bun, tears still sliding down my cheeks.

"Where are you going?" he asked.

"I don't know. I need some air, I guess." I didn't dare look at him. My voice was already wavering, and I didn't want for him to see that I was still crying. I didn't want to admit that he had hurt me, by cutting.

He paused, "Don't leave, okay? I need you here, with me." I nodded, pulling the door open quietly.

~

I walked outside, glaring up at the stars. I knew what I had to do.

"Nick," I said, my voice weak and quivering. "I need your help, buddy. I need your advice. Really bad." I said, choking out a sob. "Listen, I don't just need you. Andy does too. I think you'd like him." I blushed slightly, looking at the grass.

"Just... help me get through this. I hadn't talked to you for so long, and I knew you could help- you always do. So thanks, love. I miss you so much, Nick." I whisper, a stray tear staining my cheek.