Chpater 4

(Andy's POV)

I had tried to forget what I had seen a few nights ago. I had tried to get the image of her being yanked into the house out of my mind, and tried not to imagine what had happened later that night.

I had repeatedly tried calling or texting her. But, she never replied, called back, or answered me. I hated the feeling; The feeling that something terrible had happened to her. I ran my finger through my hair, standing from my bunk and dialing her number again.

"I would just-"

I shushed Ashley and walked outside the bus. "Hi, Andy." I heard. She sounded tired, "Dallas! Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, um, why do you ask?" she said quietly. "Well, I mean, you haven't answered any of my calls or texts. Just making sure you were still fucking alive." I chuckled. She sighed, "I'm sorry, I just. Tony has been eyeing me for two weeks, and I  knew he wouldn't let me call you or message you. I really am sorry." she said.

I grinned, glad she was okay, "Well, I was just checking in on you. Is he gone now?" I asked, I mean, she was on the phone with me.

"Yeah, he's at work, but he'll be back later." she said, sniffling slightly. "Are you sure you're alright, Dallas? You know you can tell me." I assured her. "Um," she coughed slightly. "Yeah. I'm fine, Andy. Thanks for caring."

I was still worried, I mean, he seemed pretty angry that night we brought her home. "Are you sure? I mean, I have a few hours before sound check..." I offered. She was silent a few moments.

"I- Yeah. That would be nice, actually. I don't want him to come home and you be there though.." she trailed. "I'll leave before he gets back. What time does he get home?" I asked. "Seven." she said. "Okay, yeah, I have sound check at six, so that'll be fine." I smiled, ready to see her.

"Okay, thanks again. See you soon." she sounded almost relieved.

**

"I'll be gone a while, I'm going to see Dallas." I informed John, climbing into my car. He sighed and nodded, "You cannot be late, Andy." I nodded and shut the door.

I arrived at Dallas' house and got out quickly, adjusting my jeans and stuffing my hands in my pockets. I walked up to the door and knocked. She opened it soon after and stepped aside to let me in. She shut the door behind me and I instantly hugged her.

"Are you sure you're okay?" I mumbled into her hair. "Yeah, I'm fine." she looked down. I noticed something off, she seemed really down. "You seem, down. Something's wrong, I can tell." I squinted my eyes at her.

She sighed and we walked to the couch, sitting on the couch. We sat back and I faced her, bringing one knee up. I furrowed my brow, ready to listen.

"I just don't know, Andy." she sighed. "You can tell me anything, Dallas." I grinned. "I- I don't think I can." she said, tears leaking from her eyes. I wiped them as soon as they fell, not wanting to see her cry.

She leaned down and her body shook a little, signaling her crying. I rubbed her back and made sure she knew I was there for her. I glanced over her. She seemed to be weaker, frailer.

She looked to be the same size, but she was paler, less lively, and just overall drained. Did this have anything to do with Tony? Did he do this to her?

"Does this have anything to do with Tony?" I asked quietly. She didn't move. The crying and shaking stopped, and she just sat there, head in her hands. "Look at me." I pleaded. I desperately wanted her to answer me.

"Please, Dallas. Just look at me." I furrowed my brow. She wiped her eyes and slowly lifted her head. She kept her eyes shut though. "Open your eyes." I smiled. Slowly, her eyes opened, revealing the emeralds I loved to see.

"There we go." I chuckled, but my laughing was cut short when I noticed something different about her. The tears she had let out, had literally lined her cheeks. Makeup was leaking from her face; showing something I dreaded to see.

I touched her cheek, caressing it with my finger lightly, careful not to hurt her. It was a purplish-blue mark covering her upper cheek. "Dallas.." I frowned. More tears fell from her eyes. I wiped them away and just examined her pale skin clashing with the deep coloring.

"Did Tony do this?" I asked, calmly.

She shook her head, "No."

I tilted my head, "Please don't lie to me." 

She looked down. "Was it Tony?" I asked again. She slowly nodded. I sighed and looked down, clenching my fist. What the actual fuck? Did he not see how perfect she was? How amazing she was? How could a full grown man- better yet, how could anyone, hit her?

"I'm sorry, Andy." she sobbed. "No, it's not your fault. It's not." I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her closer, pulling her sideways onto my lap. I rubbed her back and let her cry into my chest.

She cried for a while before lifting her head, "It was my fault though. He told me not to go, and I did anyway. It was m-"

"No it wasn't. Dallas, don't ever say that." I put my chin on top of her head and gently ran my nails along her back. She nuzzled her face into my neck and began crying again.

I felt like killing Tony, but I wasn't going to tell her that. I wanted to murder him, but I knew I shouldn't. I hated him for what he did. I fucking hated him! Why doesn't he just go and fucking die?!

You don't fucking hit a girl like that! "Hey, Dallas," I began.

"Yes?" she mumbled. "I want you to know something." I sighed. She looked up at me to continue. "You can come to me and tell me anything. I promise, I'll never leave you, okay?" I smiled.

"Promise?" she pleaded. "Of course." I rubbed her back. She nuzzled her face back into my neck and sighed. I shifted around, getting comfortable, keeping my arms wrapped tightly around her.

I nudged my face into her hair. "Promise." I whispered, comfortingly pecking her cheek.

*

I looked on the clock ad knew I had to go soon.

"You should go." she said, like reading my mind. "I know." I sighed. "Thanks for coming over." she smiled. "I'm glad I came." I chuckled.

We were still in the same position, her sideways on my lap, but we had wrapped a blanket tightly around us. "Sorry about all this." she looked down. "What?" I asked, not knowing what she meant. "All this crying and shit. I feel like a fucking baby."

"No, it's fine. Thanks for telling me." I grinned. I gently slid her off my lap and onto the couch. "I should go. I don't want to start shit with Tony."

She nodded. I leaned down one more time, nudging my face to her ear, "I'm keeping my promise."

*