Chapter 29

OH MY PRIMROSE! My Book is up to 1000 reads. yes, you read correctly. 1000. 1000! SO AWESOME! THANK YOU FOR STICKING TO IT THROUGH ALL THE THIN ICE AND CONFUSION AND ALL AND I REALLY HOPE THINGS CAN CONTINUE GOING UP, UP, UP! oops. caps lock!

Who dies? read to find out!

_______________________

My senses are numbed. All I can feel and see is the water around me. Stroke, stroke, stroke, breathe, stroke, stroke, stroke, breathe. Again and again and yet the island gets barely any closer. I look down into the depths of the lake. The water blurs my vision but I can just make out the ground of the lake. Random things litter it, like Capitol tourists cameras, long since broken, tiny shrub like seaweed, pipi shells and smooth rocks that are moss covered. I take a breath and look back down at the silver and grey fish that swim in schools around the seaweed. I take another breath and am surprised to see the island looming ahead of me. I swim the last straight and climb onto the sandy beach. I stand up and decide to wait in the trees for Bonnie and Summer. As soon as I am in their shadows, a figure creeps up behind me and pulls a hand over my mouth.

"Don't move an inch." Says a small, sharp voice.

"Daisy?" I say, spinning around. Her face soften and she lets me go.

"PR.." She almost shouts but stops herself. "Oh my gosh, I'm so happy your ok. I heard the booms and thought it was you..." She trails off and looks away, tears filling her eyes. I hug her.

"It's ok. Me and Bonnie are safe." I say.

"What about Percy and Zara?" She asks.

"I'm not sure about Percy but Zara...." Tears fill my eyes. She gets the picture. Just then, Bonnie and summer drag themselves onto the beach.

"Who are you?" Daisy asks Summer, looking her up and down. She gets her breath back and is about to answer when Bonnie interrupts.

"DAISY! I'm so glad your ok!" She cries. "This is Summer."

"Hello." Daisy says simply to Summer.

"Hi." She relies.

"You guys must be tired after that swim. Come on, lets go back to camp." Daisy pipes, looking round at us.

"Camp?" I ask, confused. She grins.

"Come on!"

~~

Daisy leads us into the trees and as we go further and further in, I realize the island is actually quite large. It holds a large forest in which Daisy leads us to the very center. As we go deeper in, the leaves above us start to get thicker until barely any light gets through.

Crickets chirp away in the bushes around us and the dried leaves and branches crack under our feet. The air gets damper the further we go in and moss stars crawling into the plants surrounding us. Finally, Daisy tells us we are close. Then she disappears ahead of us, shouting at us to be quicker. We run to catch up and nearly fall as the trees and bushes stop, running into fresh springy grass. Grass so sharp and fresh it could cut your feet. It leads up to a clear fresh pond with a beautiful sandy bed and leaves. Leaves litter the ground from overhanging branches, that do not block out the sun but provide leafy shade that makes the whole clearing look magical. Daisy calls for us, pulling me out of my trance.

I look over to where she's sitting. She has set up a small shelter out of branches and bark, an has a large pile of fruit, as well as a few fish. She also has a pile of ashes and a ring of rocks on the ground next to her, where she must have had a fire. I walk over and sit next to her.

"Like it?" She asks, gesturing to the clearing around her.

"It's amazing! How did you find it?" I ask

"I followed a bird and it lead me to here."

"Smart bird." I laugh.

"It's a good spot, isn't it. I found the lake and swam straight to the island. I only had one dagger so I killed a few birds and I gathered some berries. Then I decided to follow one and it lead me to here."

My stomach growls.

"Here, eat something." Se says, passing me some berries. I nod and gulf them down. I yawn tiredly and my eyes droop.

"Why not go to sleep while you're at it." Daisy laughs.

I lie down on the soft grass and look up at the sky and the branches. The grid flickers and the sky is free of clouds. I close my eyes and am asleep in moments, dreaming of nothing.

_______READ THIS PART YOU PEOPLE, IT'S IMPORTANT!

There you have it. I know it's a really crap chapter but you guys deserved SOMETHING.

I think I might do a sequel to it, about the Mockingjay-dagger thing a few chapters ago. Give me your feedback. Should I do it?

Remember your grammar, it can save lives!

Lets eat, grandma!

Lets eat grandma!

Admit it, when you were little, at the park, you would pretend the ground was lava and try not to touch it.

Sincerely, with love, from

Xela732