Chapter 26

Suddenly a shout comes from outside. Me and Percy exchange a worried look and run out to find Georgiana pinning Zara to a tree. Ditty is smirking nearby, holding Bonnie so she can't go anywhere and forcing her to look at Georgiana scarring Zara'a face. Soren and crunch come up behind us and the next thing I know, Crunch is holding my arms in an unnatural position behind my back. I squeal in pain and the girls look over at us. Juliet smiles, holding a limp, unconscious Daisy in her arms.

"Bring them over here. I wanna do the Mockingjays sister and..." She smiles, scanning Percy. "Ditty can finish what she started in the bloodbath."

Crunch puts his arm around my neck, keeping his other hand pinning my own arms behind my back, and leads me over to Juliet.

"Make her watch!" She says, and crunch twists me around so I am forced to watch as Georgiana slides her knife across Zara's face. Zara grits her teeth and clenches her fists and tears steam down my face.

"Stop!" I scream, but Georgiana keeps going.

Zara's face goes white and her body goes limp but no cannon goes off.

"Must be a glitch. Leave her over there and if she's not dead yet she will be soon enough." Soren says.

Georgiana grudgingly does so and then comes over and stands next to Ditty.

"How about little Daisy next?" Juliet smirks and drags Daisy's tiny limp body up to the tree. She frowns.

"We can't have her asleep, can we? It wouldn't be as much fun." Georgiana smiles and puts her hand on my shoulder. Crunch pushes me over to her and for a brief second I let my arms hang loose down my side, and take a deep breath. Then Georgiana grabs me and pins my arms behind my back again and holds her arm around my neck.

"Let's give her a little wake up call." Juliet laughs and Georgiana pushes me over to her. I try to hide my fear as Juliet brings up her knife to my face. She gives me a look of evil and then the blade touches my cheek. Pain cuts through me and I bite my lip so I don't scream. That's what they want me to do. Scream and wake Daisy. Maybe if she was unconscious, dying wouldn't hurt so bad. Juliet slips her knife down my face and the pain is so bad I almost open my mouth and scream. Juliet frowns at me.

"The more difficult you are for us, the more difficult it is for her." She says, gesturing to Daisy. "Scream, or it will get a whole lot worse for both of you."

She digs her knife into my cheek a little harder and I drop my guard for a second and let out a yelp of pain. I instantly close my mouth but it was enough. Daisy starts to stir and then her eyes snap open.

"Prim!" She says, seeing me. Then she notices the careers. She jumps up and is about to run into the bushes but crunch lunges at her and pins her down.

Juliet pulls her knife out of my face an more pain streams through me. She goes over to little Daisy and looks her right in the eyes.

"Are you ready to die?" She says, and grabs her from crunch by the arm. She leans her up against a tree and tears stream down my face.

Juliet turns and smirks at me, drawing her knife up to Daisy's face. Daisy try's to move away from it but Juliet's hand is clamping her against the tree. It all happens in a second.

Daisy opens her mouth and bites down hard on her hand. Juliet yelps and drops her, swooning over the bite mark. Daisy runs into the trees and is gone before I can blink. Juliet shouts angrily and randomly throws her knife into the bushes. My heart stops beating and then there is a boom. I collapse, tears pouring down my face. Juliet smiles evilly, her job being done.

"How about the Percy kid next?" She says. Soren pushes Percy up to her.

"This ones yours Ditty." She says and Ditty stands up an pulls her knife out of her belt. She struts over to Percy who clenches his fists and stares her straight it the eyes. She lifts the knife up to his neck. The blade touches and Percy looks down at it in fear.

"Wait!" I shout, panicking. "Percy, show them what you can do with a dagger!" It was the first weapon that popped into my head, and I wasn't sure what weapon Percy was actually good at, but I needed to at least try to stop him dying.

The careers look thoughtfully at me and then him.

"Alright." Crunch says, and throws him a dagger, that lands on the floor next to him. "If you are good, we can take you with us and leave Primrose and her friends, but if your bad, your throat is slit in front of them. And then Bonnie and then Your girlfriend here." They smirk.

Percy looks at me sadly and picks up the dagger.

"Where do I aim for?" He says.

"I don't care. Just impress us."

He looks around for a good target and spots a bird in the trees above us. He moves his arm back and aims, then throws it.

The bird falls from the tree, lifeless, the dagger in its breast. Hope fills me and then something darker. A feeling of déjà vou. Sadness. Fear. As I stare at the bird with the dagger in its breast, a memory envelops me. I fall to the ground, but it's no longer there, instead it's black nothingness. Falling through blackness.

________

So there you have it. I'm not giving anything away about daisy.

Will Zara die?

What will happen to them?

What's in prims flashback?

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT OR I'LL DIE! COMMENT AND VOTE! PLEASE! I'M TOO YOUNG TO DIE!

XELA732!!