Chapter 14

Bonnie and Twill must see my shocked and worried face because Bonnie snatches the letter off me. She reads it and goes pale. She passes it to Twill who reads over it and looks at the photo. She looks at me, obviously trying not to show the worry, but it doesn't work. She looks like a sheet of paper.

"This isn't good. If she knows we're here, alive, then what will she do?"

"I don't know. All we can do is wait. How could I have been so stupid! There are security cameras all over the place!" I shout, frustratedly.

"Sh. This isn't your fault primrose. Don't worry your pretty little head. She can't do anything right now. Tomorrow is Snows execution." Bonnie says, starting to regain color.

"Oh my gosh! I completely forgot!" I say, relieved.

"Come on. I'll cook a special dinner with rabbit and peanut butter, your favorite. You and Bonnie go upstairs and get ready. Max, you too." She orders. I had completely forgotten Max was in the room. His pale blue eyes and black hair had completely left my mind. He pushed back his shaggy fringe and we did as we were told.

Bonnie helped me pick out a gold dress with silver trimming and matching silver and gold sandals with frangipani'a on them, then matching frangipani earrings and bracelets. I then put the locket around my neck and let her go get ready herself. I sit on my bed and turn on the TV. Missisippi isn't on so I change it to the news channel. It's talking about tomorrow's execution of course. I watch a little then quickly turn it off as I hear Bonnie opening the door. She comes in and looks at me strangely. She sighs, but doesn't say anything. We knock on Maxes door and e comes out dressed in a silky black tuxedo.

"You look delightful girls." He says in a fake English accent.

"Right back at you handsome." Bonnie jokes. They get awfully close and I clear my throat. They turn away, embarrassed. I look at Max. "How old are you?" I say questionably.

Instead of him answering Bonnie bursts out, "18." I gag and screw up my face. "You guys aren't in love are you?" They laugh.

"What? We're trapped in a house in the middle of nowhere and the only guy here is a handsome, my aged, boy? What do you thinks gonna happen?" Bonnie says. At that moment the elevator opens saving me from responding. Twill managed to go upstairs and change into a red dress and looks stunning. She serves up the plates and we dig in. I'm the first finished and I can't help staring at Bonnie and Max, occasionally looking up at each other, smiling with gooey eyes.

Gross.

Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with love, just not between these two. We're trapped in a house and they decide to go gooey. Well, Max isn't trapped. Me, Bonnie and Twill are. They all finish eating and Twill collects the empty plates and pulls out something from the oven. She grabs some raspberries and ten the delicious smell of cake fills my nose. She sets an beautifully brown cake on the table with raspberries around the edge. She cuts four pieces and we eat. It's delicious with tiny apple pieces in it.

"Is it ok? It might be a little sticky, there wasn't much flour."

"It's delicious Twill!" I exclaim.

In no time, everyone's asking for seconds and then we're all full so Twill clears the plates and puts the leftovers in a container. I get a drink and then yawn so Bonnie says she'll take me up to bed.

"I'm thirteen, I can do it myself!" I exclaim.

"Well, I'm tired too so I'll go up with you."

We go up and I change into my pajamas and brush my teeth, then Bonnie comes in and sits on my bed. She takes a deep breath.

"Are you scared about the presidents death?"

"No. Just," I pause, "excited I guess. I don't know. One minute I'm at home the next I'm with the medics helping and then I'm here. It's all so confusing. The last hunger games, Snows death, Katniss killing him."

"Yeah, sometimes I feel like its all a big plot and we're gonna all fall down dead any second."

"Mmm." I say sleepily.

"Well, goodnight Primrose." She says, kissing my head lightly.

"Goodnight." I say. I snuggle down into the warm, soft covers and fall into a deep sleep.

I dream of arrows. Arrows and Blood.