Chapter 17

I feel evil. Not death evil. But evil.

There is a large twist in this chapter. You will not predict it but, have a try in the comments before you read it! Comment what you think it is, but when you do read it, make sure not to comment anything to give it away for others!

_______________

The sun falls on my face and my eyes snap open.

"Good, sleeping beauty is awake." Max says from my bathroom.

"What are you doing in my room?" I say angrily.

He comes back out.

"Twill sent me to come up and wake you, but you beat me to it."

I set out of bed and push him out of my room. "Tell her I'll be down in a minute."

"Will do."

I have a shower and get dressed then I put in some sleepers and slip on a pair of runners and go downstairs.

As I thought, Twill and Bonnie and max are already there, sitting at the table, waiting for me. I grab an apple and eat it hungrily. Then I sit at the table with them. Twill looks at the basket of apples and sighs.

"Have another."

I go to debate but I'm so hungry, my stomach stops me. I pick up another one and eat it slowly, savoring each bite.

"I have a plan. Remember that building near the helicopter pad?" Twill says.

"No, what building?" I say, confused.

"It's underground. There's a set of spiral stairs leading into the ground, right near the helicopter pad."

"I've never noticed it."

"Oh, well, it's really discreet. Anyway, there's an underground building there. I noticed it yesterday. I didn't check what was in it because you were with me. But I have an idea of what's inside."

"What?"

"I'm not sure exactly. It could be two things. Either way, we'd be able to get out."

"Then what are we waiting for? Lets check it out!"

"We were waiting for you, sleepy head." Max says.

"Well, you're not anymore! Lets go!" I shout, a strange tingly feeling in my stomach. Excitement. Hope. Two things I hadn't felt in a while.

Twill leads us down to the helicopter pad and walks around to the other side. She stops at a parched bit of grass.

"That's weird." She says with a frown.

"What?" Bonnie says.

"It was right here. This bit of grass was lying aside and stairs led down to darkness... Someone must have closed it."

"But there was no-one else here who knew about it." I say, confused. "Unless..." I trail off.

Suddenly Max pull out a gun and points it at us. Bonnie gasps.

"Max? You betrayed me?" She says, hurt.

"I was never in love with you. Who are you fooling? I was only in this for me. Who do you think told coin that you two were even alive?"

"But you said," Bonnie starts but he cuts her off.

"Oh yes, I said many things. Like how I loved her, how I wouldn't tell coin, how I actually cared for my brother, how I had overheard coin crying? What rubbish. That woman had a heart of steel. She wouldn't cry over putting such a wimp of a child into a house. She only has one weakness. Murder. She can't kill. She would break if she killed someone directly. She'd rather do it harder ways. Indirect ways."

"Like locking someone up in a cellar with a small amount of food and water..." Bonnie breathes.

"Exactly. Or trapping them inside a dome unnescapable."

I speak up, finally gaining my voice back.

"But you're trapped too!"

"Oh, that's where your wrong. Twill, what do you think is underneath us right now?" He says, gazing at twill evilly. She glares back at him. If looks could kill...

"A hanger. And the key to the force field."

"Completely correct. What a clever person! She even suspected me!"

"What?" I say.

"Oh yes, Twill here suspected me all along. Remember how we would go hunting? Several times she confronted me and asked questions. I answered them unsuspiciously, of course, fooling her like I fooled you two. Remember how I slept in that time, when I had supposably watched too much tv? Well, I wasn't. I was talking to Coin. She suggested the plan. Blow up the food sources and turn on the force field. She planned on me putting you three into the dungeon an then I just vanish away! Like that! Unfortunately that plan was terminated when she died. I decided to do things my way. Gory. You know, I always liked the idea of the hunger games." He says, evilly. "In fact, my favorite games was Katniss's first, although she ruined them with the berry act. I enjoyed the mutts in it. And I thought, when coin died, why not?"

I am starting to panic. What did he mean?

"Oh dear prim. You may have missed ever being in the games before. But not anymore. There is no Katniss to volunteer for you this time. She's locked away in the Capitol waiting for her court case to roll over, and she already thinks your dead."

The feeling of panic rises inside me. He was right. Katniss was locked in the Capitol and believed I was dead.

"Dear Primrose. I have a version of the hunger games I am putting you in. When it is time, I will give it to the Capitol and they will go crazy over these games. When that all blows over, I will sell the house and its features and...." He walks towards me and pulls a few hairs out of my head. "These. The games will be a hit. I will become famous and I will have enough money to bring back President Coin from the dead. She will rule and I will be her husband."

"You're a crazy, sick person! Coin is dead! There is nothing you can do about that!" Twill shouts.

"Watch your mouth, Twill, or you won't even stay alive to see these children die."

"You mean Twill isn't in these special hunger games of yours?" I say, a snag of hope rising inside me.

"Of course not! Twill can't be in the games, it's against the rules! An adult in the games! How ridiculous! LjHowever, she is a large part of them."

Another question pops into my head.

"So it's just me and Bonnie?"

"No! Of course not! That would be no fun! I've gotten a few friends of mine from the districts. Here, come down and meet them!" He says, and drops next to the parched grass, brushing away some dirt. Underneath is a keyhole. He pulls out a set of keys and selects one and puts it into the hole. The grass pops and sinks down, then slides away, to reveal a set of stairs leading down into darkness. he pushes me down first and Bonnie follows.

I stumble down in the darkness, feeling each stair before I step on it. Max'a harsh voice drifts down to my ears.

"Hurry up!"

I walk quicker and the suddenly I trip onto the ground. Bonnie follows behind me and then Twill and Max. Max seems as if he has night vision and walks over to a wall. Muffled sounds reach us from dark shapes, in the shadows. Suddenly, Max flicks a switch and the lights come on.

My eyes scan the room. People litter the floor in sleeping bags holding various items. A few strong eighteen year olds from district one, two and four. A few fourteen year olds and fifteen year olds. And then I see two faces I definitely recognize.

Harriet and Percy.

_____

I bet you didn't see that coming. All my friends at school said it was definitely unexpected! Max!

Please comment and vote! Btw, for some reason wattpad deleted chapter 7+11 so the next chap will contain them.

Xela732