Chapter 1

Please note a few characters in this book are not mine, however a lot are. This is a hunger games fan-fiction so things mightn't make sense if you haven't read all three books. 

________________

My name is Primrose Everdeen. Better known as Prim, Katniss Everdeen's little sister. When Katniss started the rebellion, she wouldn't let me help. She told me she didn't want me to die. I knew how she felt. I had watched her go into the hunger games, nearly die of dehydration, tracker jacket venom and of course the Feist... 

Still, she knew how it killed me not to help. When I got the chance, I had to. President coin came to me personally, telling me to come help with the medics. She apparently didnt even tell my mum. She seemed happier than usual. Later I found out why.  

When we got out of the helicopter, it was scary. Children everywhere, injured. I went to help immediently. I was in the midst of it all when I heard my name. I looked around, locking eyes with Katniss. Then the bomb went off. It hit me. The world went white. I realised my eyes were closed. I opened them. The work was bright. I ran medics were everywhere. No-one noticed me. I saw Katniss lying on the ground, unconscious. Medic were crowded around her. I went to run to her, but a hand on my shoulder stopped me. I turned. It was Coin. She looked angry.  

'Why aren't you dead! You were the front line!' 

I gasped. She wanted me dead! 

I stare in disbelief. 

She rips off my shirt to reveal my undercover armor Katniss gave me that Cinna created. He secretly made it as well as hers, but didn't tell anyone. Katniss had told me he had left it underneath a secret cupboard under our old house in 12 with a note saying 'Katniss, when I made yours, I secretly made this armor in Prim's size. Just in case, make her wear it everyday, everynight.' 

Without hesitation I had done so, putting it on straight away. 

Coins anger shows on her face.  

'What is this! Armor! Like hers!' 

I gulp and say quietly, 

'Cinna made it for me. When he made Katniss's.' 

'Does she know you're wearing it?' 

'No, why?' 

'Because she mustn't know your alive. If you have any sense, you will do what I say.' 

She pushed me into the nearest helicopter and pushed me into a seat.  

'What are you going to do with me?' I ask. 

'You'll see.' 

The helicopter took off silently, none of the medics even looked at us.  

'Who's flying this?' I ask. 

'Autopilot. Don't worry though, a pilots up there if things get nasty.' 

I gulp. The way she said it, things would get nasty.  

I look out the window but we were going too fast to see anything but a blur so I look back inside at the inside of the helicopter.  

Packs with medical kits in them line the walls as well as stretchers, fire hoses and extinguishers. 

'Primrose, don't come back.' Coin says suddenly. I gulp. 

'I'm telling you. I have a house I'm taking you to. Only 4 other people know about this house and its location. Every month, someone will bring you the months food and water. 

It's far, very far. The only way by road is on the edge of the other side of the Capitol. Primrose! Are you listening to all I'm saying?!' 

'Of course.' I reply quietly. She reminded me of my old school teacher.  

'In this house, I will send you your old possessions and food. Tonight you will spend your first night. The only ways off the property are the gate and the by air. The gates to the property are locked and there is an electric fence around the perimeter, but it is farther away than the fence so you won't have that trapped feeling. Understood?' 

I nod. 

'Good. We will be there shortly so buckle up.'