Chapter 19

I can't believe I'm already up to chapter 18! Chapters fly when your making max evil!

_________

When we enter the 'tribute room' as max calls it, the tributes turn and stare. Some with evil glares and some with curious faces.

Max pushes us to another door, in which he pulls out his keys and unlocks it. Behind it is a narrow corridor with a thumb print scanner and an iron door. He presses his thumb down and it opens. He pushes us in.

I gasp. Rows upon rows of... Weapons. Sling shots, tridents, many different bows and arrows, iron swords and metal ones, throwing axes and normal axes, guns even, and then there's the daggers. So many daggers. Large ones, small ones, sharp ones, blunt ones. So many.

"This is the weapon room, for obvious reasons. Come on, nothing to see here." He pushes us to the other side of the room and goes to a door. We follow him through to a room, filled with food. So much food. Non-rot apples, no bruise bananas and many other everlasting fruits. Sandwiches and nuts and... Dried apricots.

Another room, very cold, contains a lot of bottled water. All of the rooms have strange machines, to grab the things. Max leads (or pushes) us to one last room. It contains a large computer and a selection panel, as well as a leather desk chair.

"This is the selection room. Designed to select the things for the cornucopia."

"So those rooms were all for this?" Bonnie asks.

"Yes. And there's a backpack room, with ready made packs, and a sleeping bag and other needs room, but I don't need to show you those."

I look at the computer.

"Would you like to have a look?"

We nod. He goes up to it and sits in the chair. He turns it on and one wall slides open, to reveal another, large, elevator type room.

"Hmm, lets put on some bows..." He presses something and with a mechanical noise from the weapon room, two bows slide on from chutes on either side of the room.

"And some knives... Oh and some swords and daggers..." A couple of knives, swords and daggers slide in.

"Now for some food..."

Some sandwiches, apples, nuts, and other food things slide in.

"Oh, and some water."

A few bottles of water slide in.

"And some packs..."

Four backpacks slide in, along with some sleeping bags, first aid kits and other stuff.

"Done! Now, send it off to the cornucopia." He presses another button and the wall closes up again and we hear the room zooming away.

"Now, that's enough to see for now. Time to go back up to the house!"

"No! I want to stay here, with Percy and Harriet." I say firmly.

"No. You will see them tomorrow, at training. Right now, you need to be under the dome."

He pushes us out, back through the tributes and up the stairs. At the top, he pushes us out but stays where he is.

"Oh, and one more thing. There's a surveillance room as well, so don't try anything dumb."

And then the grass slides over, cutting off his face and leaving us alone.

Without Twill. Under an electric forcefield. Waiting for our deaths.

________

Good? Anyway, I'm practically updating daily, so please let me know if you have any ideas for the games or tribute characters.

Comment, vote, Vomment and Cote!

Person with big nose-> :>)

Clown in top hat-> =|:•)

French dude with French hat->(-:[3

Xela732