Chapter 21

The winning tribute will be in this chapter! At the end I will also post their entry and who entered it, of course!
________
The next day, I wake to eerie quietness, and the hum of the force field. I get up and make my way downstairs, the previous day dragging back to me. When I enter the kitchen Bonnie, who's sitting at the table eating a piece of stale bread, looks up. She smiles.
"Hey. I left you the last apple. This note was on the table when I came down this morning." She says, gesturing to a piece of paper beside her. I grab the apple and read the note.
'7:00 next to the pad. Don't be late, don't try to not come or consequences will apply.
Max'
At the bottom he has drawn a messy picture of a lightning bolt, a notepad and a whistling bird with a knife in its breast.
I remember seeing two old books in the library. They had vanished from my mind up until now. One was called Harriet the spy, the other was Percy Jackson and the lightning theif. The bird whistling obviously must mean Twill. I got the picture. We were late, they paid.
I quickly check the time. 7:15. 45 minutes to get ready and be down there.
"Go get dressed, prim, and if we have time, I'll let you see how Katniss is." Bonnie says.
I finish my apple and do a she says, getting dressed into an outfit identical to the one they wore in the 74th games, that is set out on my bed.
I then go back downstairs to find Bonnie wearing the exact same thing.
"Where did you get that?" I ask, gesturing to her clothes.
"It was set out for me in my wardrobe. I haven't even seen it before." She answers.
"Probably Max."
The time is only 7:30 so we go upstairs and I automatically turn the TV onto the news station. A blue haired reporter with bright Pink eyes is talking about the court case.
"The Mockingjays court case made a massive breakthrough earlier on this morning. The defending side stated,
'The death of Katniss's sister has distorted her. Before the execution, Katniss had been seen wandering the house, going into random wardrobes, and burying herself in silk dresses, before she cried herself to sleep. She even demanded to talk to President Snow who must have twiddled with her brain, leading her to believe President Coin had killed Primrose.'
The case will be decided in a week.
Meanwhile, on other news..."
I tune out and start staring out the window. Bonnie draws me back, by turning off the TV.
"Come on, Prim, lets go down. It's better to be early than late."
I follow her down and we start walking down to the pad. We stand beside it quietly. I keep checking my watch and the minutes tick by. 7:45. 7:50. 7:55. Then, at 8:00 on the dot, the grass slides open to reveal Max, with a plain look on his face. He beckons us to follow him so we step down the stairs into darkness. The light is on this time as we step into the tribute room and for the first time I really notice some of them. One boy is huge, with a dumbstruck look on his face and another girl has her hair in piggy tails, wearing an evil smile. Then I spot a tiny girl with dark skin and slightly curly hair, that frizzes slightly around her face. She looks exactly like....
Rue.
Max beckons us to the weapon room and tells us to sit down, while the tributes all go to the training room. We do so, like little children, and I try to sit as far away from the weapons as possible. The door seals behind max, leaving us trapped in here with a bunch of weapons. After a while I stand up and start looking at the shelves of knives and daggers and bows and arrows. Then I go over to the gun section. Why would he put guns in here? The games never had gun before...
At that very moment, the door swings open to reveal max.
"It's all ready. Get a move on." He says. We follow him out and to the elevator thing where he pushes us in and presses the training room button. It zooms off straight away and I nearly fall over from the speed. It takes a few turns then stops, and the door swings open. He pushes us out into the training room, where all the tributes are standing in a straight line, the careers staring straight forward but most of the rest looking at their feet.
"Primrose, Bonnie, meet your fellow tributes."
He starts naming all the tributes. I forget most but their are a few that stick to my mind. I remember all the careers. From district one, Crunch Darthe and GEORGIANA MARTI. Crunch is the giant I saw earlier and Georgiana is a girl with blonde-brown hair that goes down to her shoulders, deep brown eyes and an agitated look on her face. The district two tributes are Juliet Summers and Soren Pedita. Juliet is the girl with the evil smile and the piggy tails and Soren is a 16 or 17 year old boy with sea blue eyes and blonde hair and a fringe he keeps on flicking out of his eyes. The district four tributes are Ditty Orland and Zeus Circa. Ditty is a blonde girl with a flirty smile and evil blue eyes, while Zeus is a 15 or 16 year old short boy with brown eagle-like eyes and white-blonde hair.
Then there were a few others I took note of. Leam and Lilly, siblings from district 6, Feya Blackheat, from district 9 gives me a dark look and then Max gets to the district 11 tributes. There is a 15 year old boy called Tyan Zathia, and then there is the little girl with dark skin and frizzy hair. Max pauses for a second before he says her name.
"And here's little Daisy Eden. Daisy, tell these people your age." He says, evilly.
"9." She says with a glare. "Nearly 10."
9? He wouldn't put Twill in the games but he'd put a 9 year old in that dreadful arena? He seems to hear my thoughts.
"Daisy is in here for a reason. Not only is she 9, but she has a very... Famous sister. Daisy, tell Primrose the name of your sister." He glares down at her. She gives him a dark look, filled with hatred.
"Rue." She says shakily, then she bursts into tears. Tyan steps down and comforts her, and then stares up at Max, with a look of steel.
I thought they looked alike. Daisy takes a few gulps of air and stops crying.
"Right, come on. Training time." Max claps. The tributes scuttle off in different directions and I stoop down and pick up Daisy. Tyan stands up and walks away to the fire starter station. Bonnie helps me pick Daisy up. She sniffs a few more times and wipes away her tears, trying to look tough.
Me and Bonnie walk over to the archery station and she follows. She picks up a small bow and aims at the target. It misses by a long shot. Me and Bonnie exchange a glance. Daisy frowns and picks up another arrow. She aims again. This time it hits the ring of yellow. Agitated, she picks up one more, her last one. She puts it in, aims and releases. It hits the center. Bullseye.
"Yes!" She shouts, jumping up and down. We stare in astonishment at the arrow, in the very center of the target. In three goes, she got a bullseye from about a hundred meters away. I realize the other tributes are staring as well, and the careers are already walking towards us. I needed to protect this girl. the careers would use her then kill her. I act fast. I pull daisy down and look her in the eyes.
"Daisy, do you want to alliance with us?"
She stares straight back at me and pauses, as if thinking.
"Yes. It's either I stay with you or I die of starvation or something... I'd prefer the first." She replies with a smile. I let her go an she goes to collect her arrows. I turn around to the careers and wave at them to go away. They angrily look at me then turn around and strut away. I smile.
With Bonnie, Percy, Harriet and Daisy, the careers better watch out for our alliance.
____________
There you have it. The winner was;
GEORGIANA MARTI, Submitted by Ghania123;
Georgiana Marti
Kind and nice but deadly when it comes to fighting. Her whole family has been victors except her because she hasn't been in the games yet.

Georgiana's P.O.V
We were in our victors house, because my brother, Brandon, won the games three years ago. No district one tribute has won since.
I was watching television when I heard the doorbell ring. I went and opened it and Brandon was standing there.
"Georgiana, a rebellion has started, and the rebels are winning. There won't be any more games!" He exclaimed. He also loved the games, like me.
"What!? I want to go in the hunger games! All of you have except me!" I shouted.
"It's not my fault, you know." Brandon said with pity, and he went inside.
I went out to the garden and started talking to myself. Well, more like shouting.
"It's not fair! I want to go in the games!" I shout. I must have said it loud enough for a man hiding in the bushes to hear me.
"What's your name?" He came and asked me.
"Georgiana. Who are you?" I reply simply.
"Nice name. Not vicious, but nice. I'm max. You said you wanted to go in the hunger games?"
"Yes, it's my dream." I replied.
"Tell me about yourself."
"My name is Georgiana, I'm 17 years old, I'm best with knives and spears and I love the hunger games. Once in training, I killed my partner because he was bugging me, so I'm pretty vicious." I said proudly.
"Pretty impressive. I see your vicious, so what if I took you to the hunger games?" He asked with a smile.
"Oh my god, yes!" I shout, jumping up and down.
Then I go with Max to my destiny....

There you have it. The contest is officially completely over! For those who didn't win, be sure to look carefully at the tributes as you might recognize a backstory or a personality from your entry!
Goodbye for now!
Xela732