15

I brushed my teeth as I replayed the small moment of today, I knew that I was being stupid AF, but I knew that Ethan truly cared about me, I wasn't sleeping at Ethan's house because you know, if people knew how fast I gave in i'd get criticized till' the day I die.

I put on the song 'fool for you' by Zayn Malik as I took off my makeup.

The words played as I took off my eye liner, "This love is tameless, I need you and I hate it, your caught between a dream and a movie scene, in a way... You know what I mean." I finished taking off my makeup as the last words played.

I got into bed and fell asleep.

I woke up the next morning to a knock at the door. I quickly put my robe on as I opened the door.

Nobody.

I looked down to see a box with an envelope next to it. I picked up the box and on the small tag it said to read the letter first.

I picked up the envelope as I ripped it open. Inside was a letter.

Ashley,

Since I'm not very good with intros or writing, I'm just gonna start out by saying, hey! I was thinking about saying this all to you in person but I think if I were to do that I wouldn't be able to without crying my eyes out.
Honestly I don't know what to do anymore, you make it easier to love myself. I've tried to move on, I've tried to get all the sadness to go away, but I can't.
Ash it might be hard for you to understand this but I do have my reasons why it's been two years, why I haven't reached out to you. And I know it's gonna be really fucking hard for me to write this but two years ago when you left me I was broken, I couldn't go outside, I would  skip all my classes, I'd get high, and drunk, but it was all to ease the pain, my mom noticed I was never home, so she found out where I was living and she came, when she saw me in that condition she just started crying her eyes out. She sent me to California and they got me help, I was there up until about a month ago. Your existence is the reason I'm still here Ash and I know that's a really big statement to make but it's the truth.
I decided to start out new, I wanted to be a new person, so I met up with Grace and we had a date. It' wasn't the same. Ashley I'm done keeping this stuff from you any longer. I just can't do it.
People always ask me what I'm thinking about, and I always reply with " nothing" but it's you, the answer is always you.
And don't you even dare to think that this is your fault because it's not, it's my fault that I never tried to get you back. I guess rejection is a little hard for me?
I never thought I'd be writing a letter to a girl that is so deep, but meeting you wasn't a choice and two years back I would have been like "byee" becoming your friend was one of the best things that has ever happened to me. But falling in love with someone as great as you has to be anybody's fantasy.(especially mine).

I'm sorry Ash.

,Ethan

Vote and comment:)