10

(Read the First part carefully because it's kinda hard to understand)

I walked up Owens doorsteps ready to say my goodbye, my two week goodbye.

His mom answered with a smile on her face.

"Hello what can I do for you?"

"I'm here to wish Owen luck, I'm really sorry this had to happen."

"What had to happen?" She asked. What?

"Owen, he has leukemia"

"Now I don't know where you hea-"

"Ashley?" Owen.

"Hi, I wanted to say goodbye."

"Um you can-"

"Be respectful Owen!" His mother cut in.

Did he not tell his mom about me?

"Owen ready to go?" A girl said as she hugged him from behind, for me that was more like a punch in the gut.

"Owen told me he would be gone for two weeks because he had to get his leukemia tested?" I said, I could already feel myself tearing up. Did he lie to me?

"Owen!" His mother said as she started to put the pieces together.

"Mom stop" he whined.

"No I'm not gonna stop!, don't tell me you have been lying to Jenny and this young lady for who knows how long, I'm very disappointed and I will not feel sorry for you if they give up on you! You know I thought I raised you right but it turns out I didn't, I honestly don't know how you could to that to any young woman and make them feel so stupid and insecure about themselves, and I'm sorry but because of this I'm making you pay the second year of college yourself!"

"Mom! You can't, I can't even get that much money, mom I'm sorry I'm really sorry I'll make it up."

By this point Jenny and I were way past the tearing up stage.

"No I'm done protecting you, you're 18 and you can defend for yourself from now on!" She cried, I hated seeing a mother like this, she was doing the right thing and I know it but I hated it so much! I broke me to see her crying because she felt like this.

"I'm sorry" I said as I walked away. " but I'm done with you and all of your lies!"