Chapter 39

Damian's POV

My beloved (Y/N) was tied up from her wrists, blood was all that covered her. It was still fresh, dripping from the wounds created by him. It disgusted me that a human being would commit such terrible crimes and hurt my beloved (Y/N) just for a paycheck, it made me sick to the stomach. Then again, Slade Wilson was a psychopath.

He turned to me with a smile on his face, he looked proud of what he had done. Just looking at his face filled me with rage, I leapt towards him and attacked with everything I could, I pinned him to the floor, repeatedly punching his face until his eyepatch came off, all he did was laugh at me like the fucking Joker. Right then and there I could have killed him, that was all I wanted to do, end his miserable life, he had caused so much pain to innocent people. But he suddenly caught me off guard and overpowered me, he had now picked me up off him, holding me by my neck and threw me against the wall. An excruciating pain struck my back as I hit the cold steel wall, I let out a yell, the impact had definitely broken a bone.

I couldn't let Wilson get away with what he had done, I charged at him again with my sword, determined to take out his other eye. Just before I was going to stab him straight through the socket, he knocked the sword out of my hands.

"Come back for seconds? I'm not going to let history repeat itself boy. I would still like to be able to witness your suffering."

"Shut up!" I swung a punch at his face, it left all the muscles and bones in my body in an agonising pain. I couldn't move my arms anymore, Deathstroke held me in the air, grasping my neck, my air supply was limited now and I was choking on my own blood, the metallic taste burning my mouth.

I looked over Deathstroke's shoulder, Nightwing was there, he had been overpowered by the assassins and was being held to the ground. This was the end. It's all my fault, if I didn't burst in here without a plan we could have won this fight, (Y/N) could have been saved. I let my emotions get the better of me and got two of the people I care most about in the world in the edge of death.

"I-I'm s-sorry I f-failed you (Y/N)," all I let out was a faint whisper, my vision was blurry, warm tears were running down my cheeks, I could just about see her in my last moments, her head was hanging low, blood was still dripping from all over her body, but it relieved me that her chest was still moving ever so slightly. She was still breathing, although I know she was in so much pain at that moment, I just wanted to go up to her and hug her for all eternity, never let her go, she would always be safe in my arms. The sight in front of me was fading, I couldn't help but slowly close my eyelids, it was just so easy to fall into a deep sleep.

"Wilson! Put my boy down immediately! I am not paying you to kill him, I said only kill the girl if completely necessary. The boy is my blood you daren't lay a finger on him!"

I was immediately dropped to the ground, suddenly my lungs felt much lighter and my vision was clearer. The thick Arabic accent came from my mother. I sat up against the wall on the ground, I didn't have the strength to even stand up at this point.

"My dear son," mother was approaching me, I despised her as well, she was paying Wilson to hurt (Y/N), even kill her! "If only you had stayed with the League of Assassins and you would have had the ability to kill a man like Slade within seconds. You wouldn't have had to go through all that." She placed her hand on my face, I quickly slapped it away. How could she pretend to care about me now, after all that's happened?

"What do you want from me mother? I'm never going to join you if that's what you desire."I growled at her spitting the blood that was forming in my mouth out on the ground beside me.

"My son, I don't believe you have a full understanding of what I want. I want you to join me, join your family to make the world a better place."

"Ending innocent lives, mass murder, torture and repeatedly resurrecting a 500-year-old madman isn't my idea of making the world a better place. The only thing you have brought to this planet is suffering."

"Understood. But note that your friends will have a slow, painful death if you do not join us, Damian."

I heard another ear-aching scream, from (Y/N) then followed by one from Nightwing, Deathstroke had just cut her again, and Nightwing had also been injured by one of mother's assassins. (Y/N) was softly crying in the background, I could almost feel the pain she was in, she doesn't deserve this.

"Fine mother. Have it your way. I will join you and the league if you just release (Y/N) and Nightwing and let them leave this ship and return to Gotham safely."

"Wise choice. That can be arranged." She gestured for the two to be released when Deathstroke cut (Y/N)'s constraints she fell straight to the ground. I ran as fast as my body would let me towards her. I carefully lifted her so her head was resting on my shoulder.

"D-Damian, i-it all happened so f-fast. I-it h-hurt so b-bad."

I looked straight into her beautiful (E/C) eyes, they were full of pain. "I know it hurts beloved, but everything's going to be alright. You're going to be fine, Nightwing's going to take you back to the manor and you're going to get better."

"If e-everything is going t-to be alright, w-why are you c-crying?"

I didn't notice the tears were still streaming down my face, even stronger than they were before. I didn't even know the answer to her question, I was happy that she would be safe again but I knew that this was very likely to be the last time I will ever see her again.

"These are tears of joy, my love, I'm just so happy that everything's going to go back to normal." I was lying straight through my teeth, everything was not going to go how it was before.

"A-alright I'm really t-tired."

"I know. I know you are but I need you to stay with me just a little longer, just focus on my voice. Do you remember how we first met?"

"Y-yeah I was r-really shit at m-maths."

"Yes, exactly and do you remember how every time I was supposed to teach you, you would always get me to watch those ridiculous movies with you and we would never actually get any work done. And how excited you were to go to watch that movie in the cinema. That was the day I realised that I was in love with you. When we were walking under that umbrella in the pouring rain and the warmth I got just from holding your hand, warmed up my whole body, the glowing smile you had on that grey, dismal day lit up my whole world. And that light gets brighter and brighter every day that I'm with you, I love you more than words can even describe (Y/N), just stay awake for me. Please."

"N-nice speech D, I l-love you too."

Nightwing quickly picked (Y/N) up from me, "Damian, we've got to go now!"

"No. I need to stay with mother, if I go now mother will only come after me again and put (Y/N) yet again in more danger. Just promise me you'll keep her safe."

"Don't talk like that Baby Bat, jus-"

"I said no, Grayson! Just go before mother changes her mind."

"Fine. I guess I'm gonna need to bring some more backup for when I'm breaking you out of this whole league business thing."And with that Grayson left.