Chapter 21

Damian panicked at hearing the weakness in his older brother's voice, "You need to tell us what happened, you need serious help!"

"H-Here," Nightwing pointed towards a pocket in his utility belt. Damian quickly opened it to find a syringe filled with a pale blue liquid. He seemed to know what the substance consisted of and he injected it into the dying man's neck.

The colour instantly came back into his skin and his breathing wasn't as heavy as it was before.

"I've called the Batwing, at full speed, it should be here in 15 minutes," his voice was much better but you could tell he still struggled to speak.

"What happened to you?" You asked, trying to keep yourself together.

"It was the league- Cheshire arrived looking for you," he gestured towards Damian who was searching the room for his Robin uniform. "After that bitch poisoned me she said that Talia wants you back on their side."

Damian had changed into his uniform by now and walked back into the room, "After everything the league has done, I'm never going back."

"Try telling them that," Nightwing mumbled under his breathe.

Suddenly the floor shook beneath you,

"Shit!" Robin shouted, he ran towards you and grabbed you by the waist. Before you knew it he had grappled you safely to the ground and you sprinted alongside him getting as far away as you could from the exploding building. Nightwing had done the same and you had reached the beach, there was nowhere else to run, just miles of plain sand in the open.  

The hotel was now up in flames and as you were staying in a rural part of the island, no one else would know that you were in any danger.

"This ends now," Nightwing got out his escrima sticks. Robin nodded in agreement and got his bo staff.

You suddenly felt a weight push you down to the ground, you found yourself lying flat out on the sand with a cold metal blade of a katana placed against your neck. Your head was fuzzy from the fall, you looked up to see Robin and Nightwing battling against what looked like an army of ninjas.

It wasn't long before they had knocked out all the enemies but two, the one holding the blade to your neck and Cheshire.

"Do you know how many people I had to kill to find you, boy?" She said holding a poisonous blade to his throat.

"Too many you crazy bitch," he snarled.

"That's no way to talk to a lady," she pretended to take offence and gestured to the ninja. The blade at your neck sliced through your skin, making you scream out in pain.

"(Y/N)!" Robin shouted.

"If you do as we need you to, maybe I won't force you to watch her die."

"If you dare touch her again, you have my word I will end you and anyone you have ever cared about!"

"Empty threats boy, I'm not the one with a blade to my throat," she laughed.

"You're gonna wish you were," Nightwing said from behind her and effortlessly knocked her out with one of his escrima sticks. This made the blade which was already deep in your neck dig deeper, which made you scream out in pain yet again.

Robin quickly sprinted towards you and punched the remaining ninja in the face which instantly knocked her out unconscious to the ground.

He kneeled down beside and picked you up so your head was resting in your arms,

"I'm so sorry, (Y/N), this is all my fault," his voice broke and there were tears streaming down his cheeks.

You tried to speak, to tell him to stop blaming himself for everything but you couldn't get any words out, you hated feeling so weak.

He ripped off his cape and pressed it against the wound, you could feel the warm blood trickling down your neck and onto your chest. There was suddenly a blast of wind and the Batwing was positioning to land a few metres away from you. Nightwing picked up the assassin and placed her unconscious body in one of the secure prisoner seats in the back of the aircraft.

Damian picked you up bridal style and carried you towards the surgical bed in the front of the vehicle. He sat next to you and placed a hand on your forehead, stroking the hair out of your face,

"Everything's going to be okay."