Chapter 35

Damian's POV

When I got back to the manor, the first thing I did was go straight to the Batcave. I needed to find what happened to (Y/N) I know she's not the type of person that would just leave without telling anyone, she always seemed so happy. Whether she likes it or not I am going to find her and she will come back.

When I went down to the stairs, I found that unfortunately, I wasn't the only one there. Grayson was already sitting at the Batcomputer.

"Hey, little wing! Did you miss me?!" He spun around in the chair to face me with his arms wide open, waiting for a hug which he wasn't going to get from me. How has he not learned that I'm never going to willingly hug him? Imbecile.

"Not in the slightest Grayson. I was enjoying the quiet from your constant yapping."

He pretended to look really hurt and put a hand over his chest. "But Little D, you're my baby brother how could you survive without me?"

"A world without you would be a dream come true. Now move aside I need to use the Batcomputer."

He chuckled, "I love our banter. And you're just gonna have to use it later because I'm trying to find a lead to a case." And he turned back to the computer. The one time I desperately needed to use our database and now I can't get access to it just because my dick of a brother is using it for some stupid case which will probably run cold. Every second wasted is another second that (Y/N) could be in danger and then my mind starting wandering and I was soon thinking about the possibility that she could even be dead.

All of a sudden I just completely lost it, I don't know what came over me I hair felt a sudden rush of anger. "It's not banter if I genuinely hate you! Your constant need for affection is tiresome and your constantly invading my space! Don't call me brother, I am the blood son! You are just some sad orphan circus freak father pitied! YOU WILL NEVER BE A PART OF MY FAMILY!" That last bit it instantly regretted, as for the rest of what I just shouted, not so much.

The next 15 seconds was the longest quarter of a minute I had ever experienced, there was complete silence. Grayson had stopped what he was doing and just sat in his chair completely motionless, the only sound throughout the whole cave was the heavy breathing from the two of us.

He slowly turned back around in his chair to face me and slowly stood up. He was only a couple of inches taller than me, however, he thought he was intimidating me by standing over me like this. There were mixed emotions on his face, none of which were positive, they showed he was deep in thought as to what he was going to say next, he was so close I felt I could almost hear his thoughts, feel his emotions. But I'm sure we were both feeling similar things: rage, sadness, disappointment.

He looked straight down at me into my eyes, his icy blue ores staring daggers into mine. "At least I'm not a killer. Like you, like the rest of the psychopaths out there." He hissed it quietly with barred teeth and pure venom in his voice.

The words sunk into me like a sword through the heart, I know that pain all too well. I knew I deserved to hear that, to everyone, I'll always be the assassin that Talia and Ra's had always wanted me to be, had trained me to be, in fact, the assassin I once was. Father will never accept me or even love me. In his eyes, I'm an Al Ghul, not a Wayne. I'm the one who will never be a part of this family.

Grayson's look softened and he placed his hand on my shoulder. I quickly needed to look down at the ground, I could feel a tear running down my cheek. Shit! He must have seen that! I quickly wiped it away.

"Damian," he started, "I'm sorry for what I said, I didn't mean it. Look, you're a great kid and you've been through much more than any adult should have to go through in a lifetime. There's obviously something bothering you, I can see all the sadness you've got building up inside you. Don't forget I've lived with Bruce, Jason and Tim for longer than you have, and I've been the leader of a group of teens with a lot of issues, I can see whether you're actually mad at me or you just shouting to find a way to let it all out. I just want you to kn-"

"It's (Y/N)." I interrupted him, my voice was shaky and I still had hot tears streaming down my cheeks. I coughed to clear my throat but it didn't work, "She's been missing for the past few days, no one knows where she is," I trembled.

No matter how hard I tried I couldn't stop the tears, they just got worse and were now uncontrollable.  Suddenly I felt two arms pull me in and Grayson was now hugging me. This time I didn't try pushing him away, I just cried into his chest.

"I'm sorry for what I said Gra-Dick. It wasn't true, you will always be my brother."

"It's alright Damian. We'll find (Y/N), I promise."