Chapter 32

You didn't realise just how exhausted you were until you collapsed onto your bed and fell into a deep sleep. You slept through most of the day, your clock read 4:36pm. You walked aimlessly around the house for a bit and realised that you were home alone for at least the next few hours. You made the most of this and searched all the cupboards and the fridge for whatever food you could find and your result was quite successful, you had now eaten 2 doughnuts, a packet of Doritos, and you put some popcorn in the microwave, your plan was to watch Netflix until your training session with Damian tonight.

The hours passed relatively quickly, the sky was now turning to a pitch black and the moon had almost reached its highest point. You excitedly changed into your Swift uniform and grappled to your usual rooftop. Damian was already there, waiting in his Robin uniform and practising strokes with his sword. He smiled when he saw you approach him.

"You ready for more then?" He smirked.

"I was born ready!" And with that, your training commenced and the two of you darted towards each other. Damian had dropped his sword, neither of you were going to be using your weapons, this was just a good old fashioned fist fight.

You attacked first with a punch towards his nose but he quickly blocked it and kneed you in the gut. The air was taken straight out of your lungs and you almost fell to the ground, but you got your head back in the game and kicked him in the shin which knocked him straight to the ground. You stood on top of him with one foot resting on his chest.

"I win! Admit your defeat, Wayne!"

"I hate to be the one to break it to you (L/N)-" He grabbed your foot and pulled it down and you fell with a high pitched yelp, so you were now also lying on the cold, hard ground. "-but you've not defeated me yet."

"Rematch," you demanded, sitting up.

"As you wish," he replied, standing up and he extended his hand out to you to help you up. You took it and continued your battle.

After 3 hours and your 16th defeat, you were growing bored and tired of constantly getting your ass handed to you by Damian and he was getting annoyingly cocky about it.

"Come on (Y/N), one more round, 17th time lucky right?"

"No way! Let's go beat up some thugs or something. I'm getting really sick of this." You whined.

"Ok, let's go find some thugs to punch the shit out of. And do try to keep up." He quickly grappled to the next building. You rolled your eyes at him and followed close behind.

You found a store that a bunch of thugs were breaking into and you felt a rush of excitement as you jumped down towards one and kicked him straight in the face which immediately knocked him out. Another came at you with a knife and just as he was about to slice you, you dodged the blade and grabbed his arm and twisted it behind his back, leaving a loud crunching sound and the thug's cries of pain. You kneed the next one in the stomach which he immediately reacted to by crouching down and clenching his gut, he was already halfway down so all you needed to do was give him a good kick. The last one was easy, you punched him in the face which broke his nose and he lost consciousness pretty quickly. Damian had already knocked out the rest, there were around 11 in total.

"Good work, I've already called the GCPD they'll be here soon we should get going."

You nodded in agreement and followed him to the rooftop.

"What now? That was fun but too easy, let's go take down one of the big guys!"

"No way am I letting you go anywhere near any of those psychos! There's a bank robbery in Chinatown if you're up for that. Batman's on league business, Nightwing's in Blüdhaven, Red Robin's with the Titans and who knows what Red Hood is doing but it sure as hell won't be stopping a bank robbery. We could just leave it for the GCPD if you don't think you can handle it though."

"I can more than handle it, Robin, and do try to keep up," you mocked as you grappled off to find the bank. You entered through a grate on the roof, just as you were about to dive in Robin stopped you.

"These are Two-Face's thugs, they're armed with AK-47s. You've never done this before, just follow my lead. And you're going to need this." He handed you a small earpiece which fitted comfortably in your ear. "We're the only ones on this frequency so we can communicate without any sudden interruptions. You sure you're ready to do this (Y/N)?" He placed his hand on your shoulder.

"Yeah, of course, it's not that big a deal. Plus you're the one who trained me, if I die, it's your fault." Before he could answer you grappled to the nearest gargoyle.

"You won't die if you just follow exactly as I do." You had almost forgotten about the earpiece, Robin was perched on a gargoyle opposite to you, signalling for you to pay attention. You watched closely as he carefully grappled down to the ground, closely behind one of the thugs. When he got a few got a few feet away he quickly, but quietly lunged at the target and he immediately covered his mouth first while firmly holding his staff to the neck to stop the air from travelling to the lungs and within a few seconds the thug was out cold and Robin was back on the gargoyle.

"Your turn," he whispered into the earpiece and pointed towards an isolated thug nearby.

"Alright, I've got this." You replied and copied exactly as Robin had a few seconds before, he grappled down beside you as a lookout as you gripped your nunchucks around the thug's neck. After a few seconds, he was also knocked out.

"See, I can do this, I don't need your help."

"Clearly." He smirked.

You grappled near the next thug and did the same, in a matter of minutes you and Robin had taken out all the thugs.

"Nicely done (L/N), I see I trained you well." You were both leaving the building just as the cops were arriving, and grappled onto the rooftop with Robin.

"We should do this lots more, every night. Same time?"

Robin pulled you close so his arms were wrapped around your waist. "Agreed, however you look exhausted." He said peeling off your mask, "You shouldn't be staying up this late on a school night."

"Alright, mum. But that's a bit rich coming from you," you did the same, revealing his beautiful emerald eyes, which had dark grey bags underneath them. "When was the last time you had a proper night's sleep?" You rested one hand on his cheek.

"That doesn't matter, I am Robin, the son of Batman, I don't need sleep."

"You're also a human being, you do need sleep, if you don't go straight home right this instant I'm gonna have to force you to. This isn't healthy."

"Fine, but come back with me or I'll just stay up all night again." He moved in closer and held onto you tighter. You knew better than to fight against his stubbornness and you were much closer to the manor than your own place.

"Alright," you sighed in defeat and gently kissed him on the lips, which he quickly kissed back to.

You both grappled down to street level and put your masks back on, Damian had already called for his motorbike so it was waiting for you both. You climbed on behind Robin and tightly hugged his waist and rested your chin on his shoulder as he revved the engine and drove off.

It wasn't long before you reached the Batcave and no one was there apart from Batcow, Titus and Alfred (the cat). You were somewhat relieved that you had the manor to yourselves apart from Alfred (the human) and you dragged Damian straight up to his bedroom. He fell asleep straight away and you kissed his forehead before going to the bathroom to get changed.

And that was the last thing you remembered before you were surrounded by darkness.