Chapter 14

It was a Saturday morning and you were shopping with your best friend to find a formal dress for the Wayne Christmas Gala later that night. You were starting to get worried that you had left it so late to be buying such an important dress, you had already been to seven different shops and still not found one you liked.

By the time you reached the eighth shop you were exhausted and (B/F/N) was complaining so much that you promised to buy them some food on the way back to shut them up.

This shop was the biggest of all the ones you had searched through so you had high hopes that it would be your last. Luckily, (B/F/N) knew exactly what type of style dresses you liked so you split up to quicken your search.

You found three dresses that you really liked and met back up with (B/F/N) by the changing rooms, they were holding five dresses and then held them up to show you each one.

"No, no, yes, no, yes," you said as you sorted through each one.

"What?! I thought you would fall in love with all of them!"

"Sorry but they're ugly." You laughed.

"Bit offended," (B/F/N) acted hurt.

"Haha, just wait for me outside, I need your opinion on how I look."

(B/F/N) nodded and sat on a chair in the waiting area.

You placed each dress on a hanger and scanned each one, it was going to be a hard choice, all of them were beautiful.

It was half an hour later and you had tried all of the dresses on. Three of them didn't suit you at all so it was now a decision between two. You tried them both on again, (B/F/N) was no help in deciding between the two as they just said you looked lovely in both.

You were running out of time and the limo was going to be picking you up in two hours. You just decided to buy the one which was your favourite colour and quickly left before you changed your mind.

You and (B/F/N) arrived back at your house an hour later, after stopping at McDonald's to buy him/her some food.

When you got back you just lied on the sofa for a bit as your feet were hurting from the whole day of shopping you just did. You slowly shut your eyes but before you could start your small nap (B/F/N) shouted in your ear,

"What are you doing?! You've now got less than an hour to get ready! Shower! Now!"

"Ok, but I'm not gonna make it through the night. Can you please make me a coffee, with lots of sugar?"

"Of course, just get ready, I'm going to need at least half an hour to help with your hair and makeup."

After showering you got changed back into your normal clothes as you didn't want to accidentally ruin the dress before you left the house. (B/F/N) sat you down in a chair and started on your makeup, it only took 5 minutes for it to go completely wrong and you had to watch YouTube videos on 'How to get your eyebrows on fleek in 3 minutes' for a while.

"The fucking video lied, it's taken 20 minutes to do one eye!" You complained as you tried to pencil in your eyebrow.

After 50 minutes of frustration, the two of you finally managed to successfully complete your makeup. You rushed to get your dress on and took one final look in the mirror, you didn't have time to do your hair but your eye makeup was on fleek.

Suddenly the doorbell rang and you ran downstairs before (B/F/N) could answer it so it looked like you had been ready for ages.

"You know you're more than welcome to come, (B/F/N)," you told him/her, Damian had told them before.

"No thanks, posh galas aren't really my thing." They gave you a hug as you opened the door to Damian, who was wearing a black tux and bow tie.

He stood there, staring at you wide-eyed.

"You ok, Damian?" You asked him.

"Y-Yeah, you look stunning." He replied, wide-eyed.

You blushed, he had never said anything like that to you before. He kissed you on the cheek, and while leading you to the limo he whispered, "You are definitely getting some tonight." 

You laughed and playfully punched him in the arm, "In your dreams bird-boy."

The time was 6:00 pm when you arrived at the Manor and it looked very different when it was full of people compared to how it looked when it was virtually empty. There was a huge Christmas tree in the centre of the entrance hall with the silver flash of tinsel glimmering brightly.

Damian took your hand and tried to pull you through the crowds of people but nearly every person that laid eyes on the two of you forced you to introduce yourself.

You had finally made it to the drinks bar and Damian ordered two glasses of champagne for the two of you. Some more people approached you and you had to make some more awkward small talk.

"You see why I needed some company tonight," Damian said to you as the group of adults finally left the two of you alone.

However you weren't alone for long, a black-haired boy probably only a few years older than you approaches the two of you. Beside him was a blond haired girl with bright blue eyes.

"I'm Tim Drake and this is Stephanie Brown," the boy said with his hand out for you to shake.

"Nice to meet you, I'm (Y/N) (L/N) ."

"So we've heard, Damian talks about you all the time." Stephanie smiled at you.

"Go away Drake, no one wants you here." Damian snorted at his brother.

"I was just leaving anyway you little brat." Tim hissed at Damian and stormed off.

"Lovely meeting you, (Y/N)," Stephanie said as she followed Tim.

You turned to Damian,

"What was that all about, why don't you like Tim?" You asked.

"Because he's an idiot."

You gave him a look, that told him you weren't convinced that the justification he gave you was not satisfiable. 

He sighed, "He's the perfect son in my father's eyes and it disgusts me that he is respected more by father than his own blood son." There was a lot of anger in Damian's voice.

"From what you've told me, Bruce travelled all the way to another planet to bring you back to him, if he didn't love you so you still think he would have done that?" You asked as you held his hand. Damian seemed lost in thought as he walked you out of the main hall and towards his room.

"You alright?" You asked as you wrapped your arms around the back of his neck and stroked the back of his head.

"I am now." He pulled you into a long, passionate kiss, and you guided him towards the bed.