Chapter X

Above is Luke but with silver eyes.

APRIL

The beast spoke. Not in its own stupid language but in English.

My eyes widened as it did.

I mean that disgusting little demon could speak. I was now more afraid of it than ever. The words it spoke almost made me pee myself, and I'm not overexaggerating.

"Don't worry little hunter, you won't feel a thing... I'll only inject my poison in you, rendering your limbs useless and slowly devour you piece by piece," It said as it dripped its slime on me.

My stomach churned as it dripped on my face. I was in hell; my heart was beating faster than Peaches' fists on a bathroom door after eating an extra spicy taco. Spicy food makes her get a severe bowel syndrome and when it hits she's heading for the bathroom as if her life depends on it.

We used to stay in the bathroom just to spite her because she knew she wasn't supposed to eat it and yet she did. She would do a funny dance each time it hit her. She almost looked like a fish out of water flapping on the ground and yes... she actually dropped to the floor clutching her stomach to make us feel sorry for her. We would just laugh at her until our stomachs hurt... those were the days, before all of this.

Funny how when you're near to death you always think about funny moments in your life.

The beast opened its mouth and I shivered beneath it, its breath smelt like a rotting corpse. My nose felt like it was rotting off.

I braced myself for what was in store for me but I quickly disregarded the thought. I can't just give up...I can't leave Jewels, Peaches or Mel to suffer I needed to try and escape.

I pulled at my right leg trying to break free from the sticky web. As much as tried it was useless, I couldn't... I needed a miracle...

"Bye little hunter," It said as its needles came down to pierce me.

Just then an arrow sliced through the air and Peaches' voice echoed around me. She swung on a vine, firing at the spider and saying 'ooooo' like she was Tarzan.

The beast shifted its focus off me and onto her as she landed on the branch we were on. The spider turned and shot a web after her. She ducked as it passed over her head. It fired another then another, she dodged the first one but the second hit her leg trapping it. The spider shot another on her other leg and she was now bounded to the limb. The spider turned and started to move towards her.

How could she be that sloppy to be caught so easily... not that I didn't get trapped too...

She rose her gun and shot an arrow that missed the spider by a lot... What is she doing?

"Bad aim hunter," It said as it walked closer to her not paying attention to me.

Just then the arrow hit the web, cutting free one of my arms, I used this opportunity to stretch for my sword. I used it to cut myself free and I landed with a thud.

It turned towards me and anger was evident in its eyes. It spun around and as it did I sprang into motion. I ran towards it, I dodge its first shot by running left. I jumped to dodge the next and I split as another one passed over my head. The next shot caught me by surprise, I raised the sword as swiftly as I could.

The sword cut the web in two, I watched as the newly cut web flew pass both sides of my face. I rose to my feet in a swift motion and smirked. I ran towards it cutting through each web it shot.

I was no longer afraid of it. All that was in my mind was finding Mel and rescuing Peaches and most importantly saving Jewels. This gave me enough courage to face my fears and kill it.