Chapter VIII

APRIL

Drip, drop, drip, drop... cling...

I laid there waiting for any sudden movement because I knew I wasn't alone.

Tip, tap...tip, tap...

I could hear their footsteps getting closer and then suddenly they stopped.

I sprung to my feet with, my sword clutched in my hands and parried their attack.

"Don't you know you're not supposed to attack someone when they're unaware. It's bad sportsmanship."

He jumped back and landed with his sword extended in his right arm.

"Hey, buddy you deaf? I'm talking to you," I said as I gripped my sword tightly.

The room I was in looked empty, there was nothing inside here.

The walls were made of iron, there were sprinklers above us dripping on the ground and there were no doors or windows but, it was dimly lit.

He stood across the room in full black, his face was wrapped in black loins and his eyes were the only thing I could see. They were a striking silver, a werewolf trait yes but something was off about him...

Those eyes reminded me of someone... someone I haven't seen in a long time.

"Round 4, Agent Brian V.S the Dark Assassin... Fight!" A voice boomed.

Just as the word 'fight' left the voice's lips the assassin leaped towards me swinging his sword towards my head.

Cling.

I parried his attack and swung my body around extending my leg towards his side. He caught my leg, twirled me around and sent me flying into a wall. I propelled off the wall with my sword extended and flipped over his head. He raised his sword swinging it at me as I glided over his head.

Cling, cling, cling, cling...

I parried most of his attacks but he grazed my arm.

I landed behind him, gripping my injured arm and steadied myself as the sword dropped to the ground. He turned around, sprinted towards me swinging his sword vigorously at me. I dodged his blows, dropping to the ground missing the blade as it swung over my head. I laid flat on the ground brought my legs over my head to dodge the down sweep of his sword and I flipped over, lying flat on my stomach as he swiped the sword over me. I swung around my leg; sweeping his feet, sending him onto the ground.

I leaped, grabbing my sword and swung it downwards aiming for his heart. He used his sword to counter my attack which sent my sword flying to the other side of the room and he kicked me in my head with his foot.

"Shit," I cursed as I fell back.

He jumped to his feet gripped a few blades and sent them towards me. I dove over one as it passed my stomach, cartwheeled to the right as one passed through my legs and another missed my head by an inch. I flipped missing five more and performed a split as the other went over my head.

I used my hands as a base and pushed my legs into the air, flipping and landing upright. Just as I was about to attack the assassin, a blade lodged in my leg.

He approached me, we fought hand to hand. He tried to hit my injured leg but I avoided him coming into contact with it.

Holy crap, it hurts like hell...

I was so busy trying to protect my leg that, he grabbed my hands and flung me over his head. I gripped the sprinkler with my feet and fought him from up there. He threw punches at me, but I just dodged them. Punch after punch I dodged, he dodged.