Chapter V

APRIL

"Welcome to Hunting the Hunters."

Hunting the hunters? What the hell is that? Who is he? Where am I? And most importantly where are my friends?

Ignoring his greeting I voiced my questions bluntly and this only earned silence from the dark figure. His hand suddenly glowed red and two cave openings appear beside the one I exited from.

Minutes later Mel and Peaches appeared from the passages beside me.

Mel was in a tank top that reached to her hips, a black shorts that ended at her knees and black knee-high boots without heels. Her hair was damp and the curls were worn out. Peaches was in a black bodysuit, with red at the sides and red boots. Her hair was frizzy in a messy bun.

"Goddamn April!" said Peaches as she came over to me and hugged me in a death grip. "We were so worried–" she looked at my wrist, "–what happened?"

"I ran in with a hungry vampire but, I won," I weakly smiled.

"April are you sure you're okay?" asked Mel as she buried me in her chest... her breasts.

"Can't b-breathe," I said, gasping for breath.

She finally released me, telling me I was too awful and Peaches pat my back and I relax, happy to see them. Wait...

"Where's Jewels?" I asked confused.

"Ah, you've noticed... It's time to get to business," the man said as he jumped off the platform. We turned to face him as he landed and he tilted his head, his red eyes glowing through the mask. "I am Ammon, the game master... You hunters find it fun to hunt and kill our kind don't you? Well, it's time for that to change... let's see how you like being targeted and killed."

I tensed. Killed...

"This place has been enchanted by witches to facilitate all the events that will occur here," he continued gesturing towards the span of the field. "You will fight against our best fighters in different levels of this game, separately. When you've killed your opponent you will receive weapons but, if you fail-" gesturing to the screen that just appeared upon the platform "-your little friend gets it."

The screen lights up and Jewels' face appeared. She was gagged and blindfolded. She was chained by her hands and legs to a wheel.

I stood there shocked and frightened.

Oh my god... Jewels.

"You bastard!" screamed Peaches as she lunged after the man. Her rage was evident.

Almost a blur to the eye, he flipped overhead as she charged. He grabbed her hair, throwing her upwards. He disappears in a second, reappearing above Peaches and plant his foot in her stomach, knocking her to the ground. She didn't even get a chance to fight back.

"Peaches!" yelled Mel and I in horror.

Mel however sprang into action, running across the field towards Peaches. Mel leaped into the air, grabbed Peaches around the waist before she hit the ground and they crashed to the ground, rolling before coming to a stop.

"We're okay!" she yelled and I sighed in relief.

The man landed on the platform.

"No touching the host, ladies. No matter how attractive I am... Now back to where I was... oh yes, April. You had defeated our first opponent so you get a chance to choose a weapon."

He waved his hand and three weapons appeared before me.

A pair of nuns-chucks, a spear and a sword.

"Go ahead dear, choose one..." I hesitated and he hissed. "Choose before we end your friend!"

Cautiously, I chose the sword, the other weapons disappearing and I examined it. It had a golden handle with carvings of wolves and vampires at war, at least - that's what it looked like to me. The blade was stainless, sharp, and glossy. It was four feet long with not even a dent or scratch.

"Wow."

"Beautiful isn't it," he said admiring the sword. "It once belonged to a great Hunter."

A great Hunter?

"Now!" he clapped. "You all have one hour to beat your opponents and move to the next level. The citizens of The Dark Realm will watch as you fail and die and so will your fellow agents of the SCU." The figure smirked looking at us before a red mist starts to cover the field. "The tables are turning hunters. So without further delays. Let the games begin!"

As he said that the field disappeared and so did Mel and Peaches. I yell in distraught as the lights went out.