Chapter I

APRIL

Screech...

The glossy black bike drifted around the corner, leaning to the side as my body directed its movement. Straightening up, I pressed gas, clutched and sped up the street after the target.

"Damn, Mel where are you?" I asked through the earpiece, the wind muffling my words.

'I'm gonna cut him off at the end of the street,' she replied and I barely heard her over the wind.

"Copy that and hurry the hell up. He'll be there in a minute," I said as I trailed after a semi-transformed male.

The wind ran through my red hair as I manoeuvred down the street. It was dimly lit, the stores were closed, abandoned and silent except for the growl of my bike. It wasn't always like this but when there's a threat of supernatural disturbances the citizens evacuated the streets so the SCU could do their job.

'April is he there yet?'

"Incoming in five, four, three, two, one!"

Just then, a black Lincoln hyper-sport turned the corner and screeched to stop cutting off the road up ahead. This, however, didn't slow down the barrelling man. Noticing that he had no intention of stopping, Mel pulled out a revolver and started to shoot silver bullets at him.

He dodged them with ease and jumped over the car.

"Shit," I cursed as I sped up, changing my course to an inclined table that was damaged by the target and used it as a ramp to jump over Mel's car. I landed with a thud and the tires smoked as they ran on the asphalt. Soon the smoke disappeared, clearing the area before me and I noticed I was still on his tail.

Literally, he was now transforming, hair started to spring from his skin, his fingers were now claws, and so were his feet. He sprung a tail and his face changed to that of a wolf.

"Girls we need to take him down now!" I yelled.

'Roger!' They all yelled through the earpiece and I tell them the new plan.

Mel quickly manoeuvred the car, making a clean yet illegal U-turn and followed behind us at full speed.

"Jewels? Where are you?" I asked.

'I'm right above you guys, I'll be there in a minute,' she replied.

"Hurry," I said as I picked up speed.

"Peaches?"

'Here boss. I am turning onto your street now.'

Suddenly, a red bike zoomed from an alley, turned onto the street and was speeding away in front of me.

"Good, girls we have one goal and that's to kill," I said as I wheeled the bike forward and shot away leaving Mel in my dust, she picked up her pace following close behind.

Peaches was closest to the beast, so she pulled out a gun and started firing, manoeuvring the bike side to side to hit the beast in different places. He growled in rage and anguish as the bullets hit him, climbing onto one of the buildings whilst running he looked towards Peaches with his silver eyes. He then propelled himself off the building towards Peaches' bike.

"Shit," she cursed jumping off the bike as he crashed into it, ripping it to pieces.

She rolled on the asphalt coming to an abrupt stop, aiming her weapon at him and firing which caused him to run away leaving her there. She stood up, held out her hand and I grabbed it pulling her along as I rode up. She used the momentum to swing herself on the back of my bike and positioned herself.

"More speed April we need to catch him!" she yelled over the wind as it flooded my ears.

Her maroon hands wrapped around my waist as I shot after the beast, her black hair which was in a ponytail blew in the wind behind us and her chocolate eyes darkened with determination and rage, that bike was her favourite.

"Jewels, where the hell are you?!" I screamed into the earpiece.

Just then, I heard a chopper overhead. I looked up momentarily at the black, door-less chopper as it flew above us. A small figure could be seen at the steering wheel, manoeuvring it.

'God, don't get your thong in a knot I'm here,' she said in annoyance. I could just imagine the scowled look on her face. 'Let's see if he can dodge this.'

She manoeuvred the chopper above the beast, and on her command shots started to fall from the sky like rain. He cried out with a growl as the bullets grazed and dug into his skin. This caused him to slow down, whimpering like a puppy.

"Peaches, take control," I said. It was my time now.

She reached out as I released the handles, grabbed them and put her foot onto the gas pedal as I removed mine. I was now crouching in front of her body, her chin on my shoulder. The bike sped up towards the beast as he slowed down. I held the area between the handles and stood up.

My turn.

I released my hold on the handles, stepping up. I propelled myself off the bike, pulled the silver sword from its holder on my back as I flipped mid-air and stuck it in the beast's back.

The sword ran straight through his heart as I landed on him.

He cried out and tumbled over. At this moment I flipped off his hairy body, landing with one leg bent, the other extended and one arm extended with the sword while the other stayed on the ground balancing my body. The bike and car pulled up beside me as the beast rolled, growled and shook as blood rushed out of his body. Then suddenly he stopped.

"Nice work," said Mel as she got out of the car to inspect the job.

Her short straight black hair had a bang in it and it rested at her ears. She had hazel eyes and a tan complexion. She was part Chinese while Peaches on the other hand was part Indian, American and African.

'Wrap it up and head back to base,' said Jewels as she dropped a claw from the chopper and grabbed the beast.

She flew off with the beast towards headquarters and I jumped on my bike as Peaches hitched a ride with Mel.

'Hey April, first to reach headquarters,' said Mel through the earpiece.

"Bring it," I said as I hit the gas.

With that we turned and headed after the chopper.

***

If you want to read ahead the full book is on Amazon Kindle.