Movie Night - Darwin

It was lame romance movie. Stupid, mushy, love crap. You hated this genre in movies, but Darwin found it so appealing. The two of you were in a movie theatre, watching 'I Like You A Latté.' It was about two brothers falling in love, which was strictly forbidden in the future, punishable by death. Darwin was so captivated by this plot, but you were felt so lost in trying to find the 'wow.'

Nevertheless, you came to the idiotic movie, much to your disliking. Darwin on the edge of his seat, eyes full of amazement, entranced by the movie. You on the other hand? Almost asleep. You were just going to have a little shut eye. You wouldn't even fall asleep. Just like twenty seconds. It wouldn't hurt. Like a mini cat nap. Not even...

. . .

"[Your Name]... [Your Name]!!" Darwin whisper-shouted, shaking your shoulder gently. Mumbling, of course. You stirred in your seat, rubbing your eyes. "W-what? Wha-what's happenin?" Darwin gave you a look of disappointment, crossing his arms. He blew out his cheeks, standing up.

"The movie is over. That's what's happenin'." He mocked, rolling his eyes. The atmosphere around the two grew thicker, and you weren't in the mood to argue. You woke up from a good hour nap for Pete's Sake!

"Great. Let's head home. I swear, the movie gave you lame-itis." You grumbled, getting back up on your feet. Darwin scoffed, and walked on, leaving you behind. "Hold up Lover Boy!" You called out, walking faster to catch up. He stopped in his tracks, and you bumped into his back. "What's the hold up?" He tapped his foot on the ground, annoyed. "I dont mean to be a bother, but do you mind hurrying up? We're still in this love infested room. Plus the janitor is giving us a dirty look." He groaned, and your mouth was agape. What was his problem? He turned around in a flash, and if he was in a cartoon, steam would be coming out of his ears.

"You are so insensitive sometimes! You hurt my feelings [Your Name]!" Darwin shouted, stomping his foot, an angry look in his eyes. A cocky smile found it way onto your face, but you didn't understand why.

"Thank you for your input." You replied sarcastically. Darwin groan loudly, his eye slightly twitching. "Done with your meltdown? The janitor is about ready to murder us. Let's go." You grabbed his hand, but he pulled it away from your grasp. "Really? Now? Right here? Darwin, we dont have time for this. We have to get hom-"

"No! No! We do have time! I.. I dont have time for this!" He shouted, running his hands through his hair stress fully. You laughed serenely.

"That's what I just said. C'mon, we can fight later to your consent. But not here, I dont want to cause attention." Darwin grumbled defeated, following your command.

. . .

The two of you were in the park, and it was midday. The date was supposed to be longer, but Darwin decided to cut it short. Why? So he could have his little tantrum. His tantrums annoyed the hell outta you. You were on the swings, and Darwin was glaring at you. "What's up with you?"

"What's up with me is- is being tired of you! I... I-I get so worked up because of you!" He shouted, flames in his eyes. He didn't faze you, but that made him a hell lot angry.

"Oh I'm sorry, but not everything is gonna happen to your command, Prince CryBaby." You growled, hopping off the swing set. Darwin scrunched up his hands into fists. Tears were threatening to pour out of his eyes, but he ignored the sting.

"Y-you dont get it do you? This was su-supposed to be a date, and you ruined it!" He yelled, shoving you back slightly. Anger was boiling in your stomach, and you couldn't think straight. You inched towards Darwin, trying your best to tower over him. It didn't work however, as he was a few inches taller than you.

You growled. Why would he push you? You fell asleep through a stupid movie. Why was he so worked up over that!? "I ruined the date? You ended it! How could it possibly be my fault?" You asked, still trying to remain your cool. You couldn't tell what was going in and out of your boyfriend's mind, but it seemed like his posture said it all. His shoulders were tense, he had a threatening look in his eye, and if looks alone could kill, he would've murdered half of the goddamn population. His hands were balled into fists, and he held a snarl in place. You on the other hand? You had an annoying grin on your face, as if it was superglued there. You were crossing your arms, but in a nonchalant way. Your eyes had one thing in them; amusement. It didn't help the situation either. Darwin took your composure as a threat, adding more to his anger.

"I ruined- I ruined it?? Are you out of your mind [Your Name]!? You destroyed the loving atmosphere by sleeping through the movie!!" He growled, his voice lower, but in a screaming way. Everything about this argument, his yelling, his tantrum didn't make sense to you - till now. You laughed a little, and it seemed to push Darwin off edge. Confusion struck his face, but his anger dominated it, covering his face with the emotion. "And what is so funny???"

"Is this what it's about? The freaking movie? You're upset- because I fell asleep through that atrocious movie? Man, that's rich." You replied hastily, eyeing up and down Darwin's posture. It seemed to have gotten worse. His foot was tapping the ground annoyingly, having a small thump to each stomp he made. His eye was twitching, indicating he was this close to strangling you.

"W-what? You think this is funny?" Darwin choked out. One by one tears fell down his cheeks, landing on the ground. This wasn't out of the ordinary. He would occasionally cry during arguments. That still didn't mean that it crushed your heart. "Y-you really got a sick sense of humor then." Those words smacked you like a truck. Logic and common sense poured into your brain. (about goddamn time huh?) You realised what you done; you made your boyfriend cry. You made Darwin, one of the most optimistic people you ever known, cry. And so, you acted in a flash, cupping his cheeks with your left hand, and hastily wiping the tears away with your right. All with Darwin raising an eyebrow. "S-stop. Get away." He snapped, smacking your hand away, and you gasped.

"Stop it. I'm trying to help, so stop fighting it." You commanded, your eyes growing dim. Your boyfriend gulped, and shyly nodded, standing still as a plank. After looking into his eyes for about an eternity, you did what you could do best. You hugged him. You hated fighting him. You hated how chill and sarcastic you were towards him until he broke, and then you would realise you doggone fucked up. "Im sorry." You whispered, hugging him even tighter. You rested your head on his shoulder, breathing onto his neck. He seemed to relax in this pose, not caring what others saw as they would pass by. It didn't concern them, did it? Darwin sniffled a little, before he wrapped his arms around your back, sighing contently.

"I guess we both should be sorry. I'm sorry for being a butt. I guess.. I thought that maybe watching this movie with you, would make you brighten up to this genre. But when you fell asleep- I.. I got angry. Angry that I was stupid enough to not regard your opinion on what to watch. Something that we would both enjoy... Silly me. Knowing I couldn't blame myself, I blamed another; you." Darwin confessed as he drew patterns into your back soothingly. You smiled; it was a faint smile, nothing important. "So.. Wanna take another chance at being a happy couple again? I can take us out for icecream!" He gushed, his gloomy mood instantly disappearing. He pulled away from the hug, and placed his hands in yours. He smiled, and you smiled back. He then grinned, and you copied. To step it up, he made a silly face, and you did the same. It went on until you both started laughing; this was nice. Being a happy couple, not an angry one.

So, the two of you walked out of the park, and into the peaceful neighborhood. And you grabbed ice cream on your stroll.

"This is great. Thanks for paying." Darwin giggled, licking his chocolate ice cream happily. A smug grin found its' way onto your face.

"Snow problem." You held your breath, waiting for his reply. He just groaned, and called you terrible, and that made you all the happier.