Chapter 20

We stared at each other for a few moments, living in silence as we thought to ourselves. I could read the pain in his eyes as he re lived his nightmare, he was still standing strong even after what he had gone through to help another, a new found respect began to bloom for him, even though he was still a asshole. 

Shaking his head he started to trot away again, me following right in pursuit as we didn't speak, instead the sounds of the city played through the silence, until he asked me the question I wasn't really ready to answer or relive just yet.

'Now that I answered my...story. Tell me your's if you can.' Staring down at the ground a small whine came from the back of my throat.

'Sorry, I won't ask.' He came over to me and gave me a nudge under my head as he met my eyes. 

'It's fine, it just happened recently, I know nothing about life, nothing about who I am.' I whispered to him, I followed after him as we leaped down from the building.

'You will in time, thats how I had to. Life gets easier as we move on.' He reasurred me. I gave a tigerish smile in thanks as we stopped talking for a bit. Walking through the alleys a small bar was playing their music overly loud, making my ears hurt from how sensitive they were. A drunken women came barreling through the alley, bouncing off the walls and tripping over trash as she came closer to where we stood.

'Quick, hide.'Tyler ushered. Bounding for the nearest hiding spot I hid behind some nasty looking trash cans as she neared me. Tyler had disappeared completely from sight as the women slumped against a wall, completely passed out. Her short skirt riding right up, and her make up smudged everywhere. I snorted in disgust. 

Coming out of my spot I peered around the darkness for Tyler but didn't see him. When suddenly something heavy landed on me and I roared in surprise, trying to turn and wiggle my way around to get out of the binding I was caught in. 

'Relax, it's only me.'Tyler chuckled. I froze, letting a sigh of relief out as I hissed at him. 

'Jerk!'

His weight got off me and we assumed our walk, looking for some food, and trying to understand a better exit of the city. I was still dead set on my revenge, they would suffer like I had done to me. Cranking my neck to the side I listened to a small pop making my neck feel slightly good. I had eventually found a hotdog stand that was unoccupied at the moment, the cart was locked but to Tyler that wouldn't stop him from getting the delicious food inside. I watched as he snuck around the side of the cart and swiped at the chain and lock.

Amused as the chain fell off effortlessly I smiled. It was a all you can eat buffet for us. Joining him we feasted on the hot dogs and even some hamburgers that were inside. Then footsteps were running towards us. Looking up I stared in alarm at a man who was pointing right at us in shock. 

'T-tigers. HELP!'The man screamed, a loud chorus of voice rose and soon followed by sirens as people cornered us between the hot dog stand.

'Tyler, What do we do?'I asked scared.

Instead of saying anyhting, he gripped my tail in his mouth and ran forward, pulling me funny as I fell backwards and was dragged from the scared people. Why were we so stupid? 

'Ow, I can run you know.' He let go of my tail that was now slobbery and I ran beside him. Crossing over the streets in front of pain eyes. 

'Time to make a run for it out of the town so run as fast as you can and keep up.' He told me as we picked up our pace, making us look nearly invisible to the humans eyes as we ran and jumped over things to find our way out of this big city. Which was a lot harder then you think.

I tried smelling the clean air from the forest, but I only picked up on grease and humans and mixed smells that burned my nose. We were stuck in the city, lost with millions of people around us. We are so dead. I kept thinking. We followed along side a highway, looking around for a sign of green, but we were stuck in this concrete jungle.  Salt water tackled my senses, and we neared a beach, a very empty beach at that. Slowing down as we fitted in with the darkness, we took a break and laid on the warm sand.

Tyler slumped on me as he breathed in the beautiful scent. 

'SO STUPID!' He yelled in the link I flinched at the loudness of his voice. 

'I should have known better, and better yet we can't find our way out of this damn maze, and a bunch of humans just seen us.' He seethed.

'Relax, we are away now.' I soothed. But he didn't listen instead pure anger shown in his once beautiful eyes and he turned around and dug his teeth into my side very harshly. I cried, my cry sounding like a squeal instead of its normal low tone that the tiger part gave me. I leaped away in shock with big eyes as he gave me a hatred stare. I backed up away from him. 

Then his eyes filled with remorse as he neared me but I growled at him, crouching. Showing him not to come near me. He stopped. 'Kenna, I'm so-' But I didn't let him finish. I turned my back to him and ran off, the pain in my side growing dull as it healed itself over. 

If I was human I would be crying, crying over an idiot that was like me, who had the same experince, and was slowly guiding me through this life, I knew I was stupid it was best if I was alone. I kept running, finding a beach cliff glinting in the moon light a small cave sat up high. Jumping up from the sand and to the rocks I bounded to each tiny ledge that held my weight and leaped into the cave.

It was wet and cool inside, a few bats flew around as I disturbed them. Turning back around I looked outside, lying down on the hard ground I looked out to the waves that shown brightly in the moonlight as the waves crashed against the rocks and sandy area, from a good distance I saw the retreating figure of Tyler as his tail disappeared into the darkness of the tiny wooded area. Morning would quickly approach and he'd need to find cover before the humans seen him.

Laying my head down I settled it between my large white paws, drifting off into a daze to the sound of the ocean below, the smell of the salt water heavy, and the moon shining brightly above. It was relaxing, something I could easily get use to. 

Sometime through the next night when I awoke, I peered around me, the moon was behind clouds and it wasn't to full, I had a pretty harsh sleep, due to the humans at the beach, some actually climbed up to the cave and I had to take refuge in the very back. Knowing they wouldn't get to close. They never did adventure back and I was once again safe, my fur was damp from staying back there the entire time. But I slept on and off, till night approached again. As I jumped out of the cave I peered around me looking for any signs of humans. 

Catching nothing but the salt water in the breeze I leaped down, rock from rock till my paws touched the soft, warm sand below me. I stretched my toes like I would a human, enjoying the lovely feeling between my toes. Padding away I looked for a way out of here, I knew I was near the woods some how, or a place I could easily hide. The ocean was my keeper for that information. A ocean had many banks, meaning I wasn't to far from a good couple of cliffs that could help me out of the city, and back to the forest where I now belong. Going to the opposite direction that we had came from the day before, walking alongside the bank of the ocean as I searched for a safe place to get out of this very large city. 

It had been about a hour or so when I heard a pain filled yowl come from the middle of the small woods, the same woods I had seen Tyler go through. My ears perked up with the sound of laughter, mens laughter. Humans.

******************************

COMMENT

VOTE

ENJOY

AND IF ANY OF YOU HAVE A SUGGESTION FOR THE NEXT FEW CHAPTERS PLZ TELL ME CUZ IM REALLY STUCK AS YOU CAN PROBABLY READ....I WILL FIX IT IN THE FUTURE ALL MY MESSY CONFUSING STUFF LOL

BUT I MAY TAKE YOUR SUGGESTION IN HAND AND MAY USE IT :3 THANK YOU

LOTS OF LOVE <3 Mck.<3