Season Ticket Holders

A/N:   Her : " I bet you can't write a story in a hundred words!"

          Me : " I bet you I can!"

          Her : "Including the title?"

          Me : " Yes."

          Her : " In an hour?"

         Me : " If you like. What's the bet?"

        Her : "If I win, you cook tonight.

         Me: " and if I win?"

        Her : " I'll.... mmmmm ... I'll wash the car!"

         Me : " You're on"

                                           *  *   *

                            SEASON TICKET  HOLDERS

You can spot them easily on the station platforms.  They’re the ones with the proprietorial air; as if they actually belong there.

Watching them, the wait for the train becomes a piece of theatre: a one scene play.

Newcomers to the cast learn the script on their first day; rehearse it the second and are proficient by the third.

Now they congregate with those who seek to occupy the same small spaces within the vastness of the platform.

The unknowing as yet unaware that here the doors leading to favoured compartments will arrive with the train.

                                             *     *    *

A/N : Blokes should never bet with women. They don't play fair.  I have a MATCHBOX model of a Humber Super Snipe car on my desk- no more than two inches (5cm) long.

"Well you didn't specify which car I had to wash if you won did you . Ha Ha ha. Don't be a bad sport."  

"ME, a bad sport?" To add salt to the wound, dinner that night was Campbells Soup and a sandwich.  And to think I used to believe that journalists were the most untrustworthy of people.