1. Defenceless

There were probably five or more on my arm. I felt the blood burning through my veins, I cried out in pain, but it would be useless. Nobody would hear me. I was going to die here, nobody would save me and why would they I was down empty alleyway in London, where nobody could hear me cry.
Suddenly I felt them let go, and the pain dying out. My body started having blackouts and going numb. I felt like I was being lifted off the ground, I fought with my eyes to open, but it was all fuzzy.

I woke up on a leather sofa, in an old apartment, I wearily looked around. I got up and walked towards the window, looking out on Oxford university. Where was I ? Was I dead? Was this a dream? I heard footsteps coming into the room, a 6ft tall, dark brown haired boy walked into the room. It was Nicholas Weaver, from my art taster class in Oxford, we hadn't really seen eye to eye. He seemed to give spiteful looks towards me. "Are you alright?" He asked. I nodded. He started to glare at my eyes, which made me feel uncomfortable, then his hand reach for my neck. His hand was ice cold; there was one reason for this. Was he? "What are you doing?" I asked in confusion.

"Checking to see whether your alive." He answered.

"What?"

"Well, you got attacked last night and I rescued you, by sucking out the venom." He explained.

"So your a vampire?" I asked.

"Yes," He mumbled. "And your a werewolf?"

"Shapeshifter," I corrected him. "How do you know?"

"Your scent is disgusting!" He replied jokingly.

"Thanks," I said sarcastically. "Do you live with anyone else? "I wondered looking round.

"Erm, just my uncle Alistair. He changed me after my grandad and father got killed in an alliance against the reign of king Edward II." He turned looking to a family portrait. "What about you?"

"Well, I live with my uncle in a town called forks in Washington." I said look at him, I notice that his eyes were a bright red; a different colour compared to the Cullens. This would mean he drank human blood. I wasn't going to end up like my parents, I needed to get out of here,"I think I need to get back, but thank for saving me."
"Ok, but please let me know your name."

I hesitated, I though maybe I could give him a false name; it would work, until he found my name from someone in the university. "Amelia....Amelia Swan." I was wobbly on my feet at first, but by the time I came to campus, I found my feet. One question circled around my head, why me?

It was the last week of the taster and I would be back to forks for the summer and my senior year. Monday night, I returned to my dorm to find my ignorant roommate holding and envelope for me. As much as like the lesson and lectures, I hated college life. Everyday I got a call from Charlie or Josh and normally Seth, but for the past couple of months he stopped calling. I grabbed the envelope off my roommate, sat on my bed and opened it, reading:

Your invited to witness the marriage between:
Joshua Robert Swan
&
Leah Susan Clearwater
On 3rd August
Please reply ASAP

This really brought a smile to my face because it would give me something to look forward too. After my week that would give me 2 weeks until the wedding which was unnerving because Josh would probably make me write a speech but at least I would get to see everybody. 4 days until I ended my week, which I was looking forward to.