Chapter 2: Chloroform and Car Chases

Xavier

"Is this the house?" Jay asked me as we walked up to the front porch.

"Yep. Her scent leads straight to here," I said as I looked over the front of the house.

It had a nice, warm cozy feeling to it. It was a three-story grayish-blue colonial. There was a gorgeous flower garden in the front lawn leading up the sidewalk. I'm pretty sure if my mom was here, she would be banging on the door asking my mate's mom how she got her garden the way it was. My mom had such a green thumb, but this layout would be something that she would definitely be jealous about.

But back to the most important thing. My mate. My wolf and I are still upset. Seeing our lovely mate cry like that, we wanted to know why she was crying.

When she pulled up next to my truck and we locked eyes, I knew she was my mate and I couldn't be any happier. But when I looked more closely at her, her eyes were all red and puffy and she had tears streaming down her face. I wanted to kill whoever made her cry. She was too beautiful to cry.

Since I was twenty-two, I was the alpha and I was losing hope on finding my mate. But I finally found her, and I didn't plan on letting her go any time soon. I waited long enough.

I knocked on the door and waited. I heard soft footsteps come closer and I stood up straight and cleared my throat.

She opened the door and immediately started yelling at us. "Listen. My friend and I are not in the mood, so if you could please leave that would be nice," she said without looking at us.

Okay. That was something that I was not expecting. I was kind of expecting more of a hello or at least something along those lines.

"She's human," Zander, Jay, and Ryan said to me.

"I don't care," I said to them back in our mind-link.

"Mine," I growled softly, but a little irritated due to how she spoke to us.

"What?" she asked confused.

I pulled her to my chest. Wherever my skin was touching hers, I felt sparks and warmth spend through my entire body.

"Okay. This is a little too weird for me. So if you could let me go, that would be great," she said trying to push me away.

I growled again.

"Mine," I pulled her back into me and breathed in her scent.

My mate smelled amazing! Her hair was so soft and her eyes. Oh man her eyes. I could get lost in them forever. I never wanted to look away. They were the perfect shade and her eye shape complemented her face perfectly.

"What is taking you so long, Sam?" a girl with medium length brown hair asked as she came outside by us.

"Mine," I heard Jay say pulling her into him.

"Congrats dude," We told him as Jay snuggled closer to his mate.

He looked up and smiled. "Thanks. You too."

The girls looked at us weirdly.

"Can you please let us go?" Jay's mate asked.

"No," Jay and I said in unison.

My mate gave me a funny look then smiled.

"Fine. Shall we?" she asked turning toward her friend.

Her friend smirked evilly at us. "We shall."

What were they planning?

Little did I know, I was about to find out one way or another whether I liked it or not.