Chapter 30

Wow! Five more chapters past my goal, and it's done :( I'm sorry guys, but this is the last chapter in Sun Child! The sequel will be up very soon, after some planning though :P BUT, a teaser, prologue, and epilogue for this story will be up VERY soon. And please, continue voting and fanning even though the story is completed, IT'S STILL IN WATTY AWARDS! And the person to get it in the 400s will get a fan and tons of votes for their stories... ya. But if you're Alexa, like last time, I can't do anything if I've already fanned and voted for all of your stories! LOL so ya....

ENJOY!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 30

We got to Florida at 3:00pm. Natalia was incredibly tired for some reason, and I was estactic to come home. I mean, I would miss Acrylic, but I only had a year before I was 19 and then I was Queen of the Sun Lands. 

Oh boy!

But I also really wanted to see Lucas, despite what Madame Laurence said. Luckily, my memory-loosing condition is gone, and now I can get on with my long life.

"Hey Mum!" I said running over to her and giving her a big hug, then pulling dad into one too. I knew I looked really silly, but I wanted to make this year the best year ever.

"Hey Ashton, Natalia! How are my two girls doing?" Mum asked.

"Awesome!" I said.

"Good." Natalia replied.

"Plane ride good?" Dad asked.

"Yup! Kinda quiet though." I said, looking over at Natalia. Her smiled wasn't reaching her eyes. What was wrong?

"Okay, well, we best be going. I'm sure mum has a wonderful welcomed meal planned out. Am I right?" Dad said, turning to mum.

"There sure is! So, as your father said, let's get going!" We all grabbed our suitcases and went out to the car, throwing our things in the back and hoping in.

The ride home was full of happy chatter. I guess most of it was, Natalia wasn't talking much. I kept on sending her looks that would say, "What's going on?" but she hardly looked at me, instead prefering to look out the window at the palm trees and glittering water. 

I wonder what she's thinking about, a lot.

Once we were home Natalia and I rushed up to our rooms, and I fell back onto my comfy bed. This was home.

I started to unpack when my phonee beeped. I looked at the message.

Hey Ashton! I hear you're back in town. Want to meet up tomorrow at the park?

-L

This was Lucas! I immediatly replied,

Hey Lucas! Sure, if I can get away of course :P What time?

-A

A few minutes later my phone beeper again,

How about 10?

I'm so excited!

Sounds great! :)

I replied and he immediatly texted me back,

Cool, I'll see you then

I set my phone down and continued unpacking. I put all my clothes away, smiling at my wide selection, especially after my shopping spree. 

At the bottom of the bag I found a picture of me and Lucas on the beach. The frame was a cream, and we were sitting there, side by side, looking at each other, and I was laughing at something he had said. On the back was a note that read,

One you love the most

Is protecting your good heart

Do not give up, love!

Who had done this?

I shrugged, thankful for the picture. But I kept the note on the back, as a reminder, and put the gorgeous picture on my bedside table, next to one of Rhea, Natalia and I.

It looked nice there.

"Girls! Time for dinner!" my mum called and I raced down the stairs with Natalia hot on my tail.

Mum had made grilled cheese with fruit salad. It was delicious!

Throughout dinner we talked about what we had done at the school, in vague detail. Mum and Dad seemed fine with that though.

Somehow we got on the topic of college and I realized something-

Us leaving to rule, would be diguised as going to college.

After dinner Natalia and I went over to her room to talk.

"Did you realize something about... college?" she asked.

"Yeah, how us going away will be disguised as college?"

"I did too... do you think Madame Laurence will take care of it?"

"Sure, I mean, she's done that in the past, why not say they also have a small college there too?"

"That's a good idea... I just hope it turns out good in the end."

"Me too, Natalia, me too."

Then we watched some movies until 10:00, where I fell asleep on her bed. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up 8:00am. Two hours to get ready! 

Natalia had fallen asleep next to me, but she out of bed now. Most likely showering. I hopped out of bed and ran into my room as quietly as I could, and grabbed a pair of skinny and jeans and a plain grey v-neck shirt to put on. 

After taking a quick shower and changing, I put on my necklace and charm bracelet, curling my hair and adding a bit of mascara to outline my eyes.

It was already 9:00! 

I walked out into my room and grabbed my purple purse that already had my phone, wallet, and other small essentials in it. Then, I rushed downstairs, still quietly, pulling on my trench coat and black ankle boats, along with my purple beret, and rushed outside into the cool winter air.

I walked on the far side walk, in order to avoide people. I just wanted to get to Lucas. I felt like soemthing was... compelling me. Must be the wings, I recal Madame Laurence saying something about heightened senses and overpowering feelings. Yeah, so it was the wings. But I still love them.

As I came into view of the park, I heard an amazing melody. Lucas was sitting on a bench, playing a guitar.

Island in the Sun, by Weezer. 

This used to be my favorite song as a kid! I practically bounced over to him, and sang the song along with his artistic strumming.

When the song ended he put the guitar aside and picked me up, twirling me around.

"You are an amazing singer, Sun Child." he said.

"And you are an amazing musician, Lucas." I said and he kissed me,

His fingers tracing the tattoo on my back...

As if he knew it was there.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE END!!

What do you think? 

More later!

Oh, and PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT, AND FAN!!!

~AE