Chapter 23

Hey Guys! This is a suprise chapter. Turns out that "Sun Child" will now be around 30 chapters instead. Yay!!! But don't worry, the sequel is being planned! Enjoyy :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 23

It was Christmas morning. At around 6:00 I got up and ran to Talia's room, ready to wake that girl up! Usually I wasn't this happy in the morning so I new this was gonna surprise her.

"Taliaaaa!" I screamed jumping up and down on her bed. "Wake up wake up wake uuppp!!"

She groaned and threw a pillow at me,

"Shut up!! Go back to sleep Ashton!"

"Noooo! You are gonna loove your presents come oon!" I yelled and thumped down on top of her with an "oomph".

"Okay, Ash, what do you want?"

"I want you," I took a deep breath,

"To come down the stairs!" and I pulled her off the bed, making each of us fall off with a thud.

"Girls! What's going on?" Mom said bouncing into the room. I was the first to pop up with a huge smile on my face,

"Talia won't get up! Can you help me mum?" I pleaded.

"Course dear," and she hoisted Talia up by the arms while she groaned in response, "Come on Talia, time to look in our stockings darling!"

And with my mom's help we got Talia downstairs and in front of our large tree and fireplace to open presents. The tree or well the living room was overflowing. Christmas was always the biggest part in our family and so Talia had wide eyes at what the room looked like. Mom sure she had never seen so much holiday spirit in her life, or gotten as many presents as she's about to.

In my stocking I got vanilla perfume, shampoo, condition and body wash. Vanilla had always been known as my signature scent in the family, so it was nice to get that. I also got rainbow hair ties and a $130 visa giftcard! I told Talia that we are soo going shopping soon.

In Talia's stocking she got a new iPod touch since hers had a cracked screen. With it came a pair of purple headphones that she squealed at.

In my mom's was nail polish and new pens with a small notebook. Then in dad's there was a ton of new movies we could watch later and a giftcard to Best Buy.

Now, it was time for the big presents! We gathered around the tree, smiling gleefully. Mom had just put on Christmas carols so it definitely added to our holiday mood. We decided to open presents in order of which we were sitting, dad then Talia then me then mom.

Dad's first present was from Mom, and it was a set of plane tickets to Rome since they wanted to go there for a long time. He also got some cool books and a new laptop.

I wish everyone in the world could have seen Talia's face when she saw her pile of presents. I got her a journal and pen, a backpack she could carry everywhere (she swore she would), a photo frame with her, Rhea and I in it, some candy, friendship bracelet and a few smaller things. Mom got her a stuffed animal and a book by Sara Dessen. Dad got her a new pair of shoes. It was all so perfect!! Everyone was smiling like idiots, even the trees I felt like.

I got a new guitar from Talia. It was a light blue acoustic with a purple, blue and white swirly design on the strap. I also got a photo album from my mom of my whole life, including Matt. Dad got me a new camera, saying that I should start scrap booking. I took the first photo of the four of us, a family.

Mom just got a few little things, but by the look on her face, you'd think she won the lottery. 

"Thank you so much! I love you guys all, and now I have a suprise for Ashton and Natalia."

Mom got up and walked into the kitchen and then walked out a minute later with a small box in her hand. 

"This is addressed to you girls." she said, handing it to me. I took it and immediatly opened the box. Inside was two smalled ones, one blue and one yellow. There was also a small piece of paper, addressed to Talia and I. I handed it to Talia and she took a deep breath, opening it slowly and I read it over her small shoulder,

Dear Natalia and Ashton,

Merry Christmas! Inside these boxes are necklaces that will hold and symbolize your power and friendship. A moon for Natalia, a sun for Ashton, and a star has been sent to Rhea. These are a reminder of your past, and a guidance for your long future to come. Please have an enjoyable Christmas, and I look forward to seeing you after the break!

Sincerely,

Madame Laurence

I pulled out the yellow box while Talia pulled out the blue. As I opened the box my breath caught in my throat. It was a golden chain and at the end lay a golden sun with a large amber in the middle, but when it caught the light in different directions it turned white, red, and orange too. Natalia's was just as beautifuk, a silver chain with a moon on the end, and a large jewl that changed blue, purple, and white in the light. 

Without a word we each put the other's necklace on and looked at them shine. Next to each other they were a bit brighter, but not enough so that a mortal could notice, like my dear parents. But it was enough to see that together, we were much more powerful than we were apart.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

For some reason I culdn't get it out of bold while I was writting most of it, and then afterwards I could but I just kept on writting in bold LOL. Chapters 24 and 25 up by this weekend. Yay!!! And lots more to come. Hope you all are enjoying the story! OH AND REMEMBER~ This story is still in watty awards guys!!!! PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT, and even FAN, if you like this story or all of them. oh ya and SPREAD THE WORD TOO (if you can). For the other, pressing a button is not hard and won't kill you, so please help me by doing that! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING!!!

~AE