Chapter 16

Whew! Another chapter! I feel like this week I really want to get to 20 chapters. I'm not quite sure how it will end but I still have over 5 more chapters to go so.... here we go! They will most likely be really short now, sadly. So ya, on with the show!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The plane was slow. 

I had said goodbye to Madame Laurence and she took off into her car while I hopped into a taxi, each of us returning to our family. I was excited to see my parents again, in a way. In Hawaii I had realized how much I enjoyed being away from civilization, just me and my girls. It was fun and peaceful. But now I was back to the normal teenage girl life. I didn't want that anymore, I realized. I actually liked being away, overseas. It was quite suprising, actually. I never thought I would think that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My parents had pestered me with a million questions, and I answered them briefly, my mind still in Hawaii. I didn't want to be home anymore.

I looked down at my iPhone, wishing I could call Rhea or Talia, but I didn't know if I could.

I felt so alone without my real friends here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The car ride was awkard, just small chat, and I could tell that my parents were suprised at my sudden distance. But I just didn't know what to say. I'd told them about my teachers and my friends, the school grounds and the shopping, even hanging out with Max so there wasn't much left to say. Poor Max.

"Have you guys seen Max lately?" I asked.

They both shook their heads,

"He's been away on vacation for Christmas break." Mom said. 

"It's Christmas break?!" I asked with wide eyes.

"Yes, sweetie." Mom sighed, "That's why everyone has left the school. After the incident they figured everyone could leave for Christmas break and return later. You didn't know this?"

"Oh ya, I knew that, I didn't know it was break here, too."

Mom and Dad nodded, and the car fell into silence again.

If the school wasn't supposed to open again, what would they tell the students?

I fell asleep in the backseat. The car ride from the airport usually took a little over an hour, so I would be getting a nice nap to catch up on my sleep.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't feel like writing anymore cuz I'm watching Julian Smith videos right now, (fave video to the side, watch the rest plez!) so ya it's short and hpefully more later!