#21

Prepare to be amazed. I wrote another chapter. That makes three updates this week. Woo hoo!

Luke's POV

I haven't had a civilized conversation with anyone since before Libby left. We have a week off so I'm going home. Michael took Cat and went who knows where. Anyway dad said he'd pick me up at the airport, so right now I'm waiting on my suitcase. It finally comes through and grab it. I turn and look around until I spot my dad. He motions me to follow him, but doesn't say a word. No 'hi Luke.' or 'where's Catherine?'. It doesn't really surprise me. After all Libby has been here for awhile. She obviously told them what happened. The entire ride home is silent. We get home and I go straight to my room. What I see when I open the door shocks me. I back out and quietly close the door. Libby is lying on my bed, asleep, clutching an old photograph of her, Beckett, Seth, Jack, Ben and me, tear stains on her cheeks and the worst part is that it's my fault she's upset. I leave my suitcase by the door and walk back downstairs. I sit on the chair across from dad. He looks up at me and asks a single word question.

"Why?"

"Why what?" I ask in return.

"Why did you put Libby first?"

"I don't know."

"I think you do." he says with a knowing smile. I look down at my lap.

"I get that you like her, but you can't put her before your daughter." Dad sighs.

"Do you understand? Do you know what it's like to be in love with your best friend and not have her love you back?" I ask.

"I do, because that's exactly what happened with your mum and I," I roll my eyes.

"Well congratulations you have your fairy tale ending, meanwhile I've got five broken relationships to fix. I'm not even sure if half of them will forgive me. And I've completely destroyed anything I had with Cat."

"Mmhm. You've lost her trust, but you know what you're young. If I'm honest your mum and I were afraid of this happening when Libby went on tour." I groan and run my fingers through my hair.

"How am I going to fix this mess?" I ask no one in particular.

"Well you can start by apologizing to everyone involved." Mum says, joining us in the living room.

"What about Cat?"

"I think you need to let her choose. You can't push her into anything." I nod and start up the stairs. I guess I'll start by apologizing to Libby.

Libby's POV *right before Luke gets back*

I walk into Luke's room and look around. I spot a picture of me, Beckett, Seth, Jack, Ben and Luke. We're all smiling and laughing. I wish we could go back to those days. I lay down on Luke's bed, clutching the photo. I start to cry. eventually I fell asleep, because the next thing I know I'm waking up in time to hear the bedroom door shut. I wipe the stray tears off my face and walk out. Luke's suitcase is standing against the wall. I start towards the staircase. I can hear Luke and Andy talking.

"Do you know what it's like to be in love with your bestfriend and not have her love you back?" Luke asks Andy. He loves me? He loves me. He loves me! He does feel the same. They keep talking and then I hear footsteps coming towards the staircase. I run as quietly as I can into the room I'm staying in. I sit on my bed and grab my notebook. There's a knock on the door.

"Come in." the door opens and Luke walks in.

"Hi." He says, not making eyecontact.

"Hey."

"Listen Libby. I'm so so sorry. You wouldn't even believe how sorry. I screwed up big time and I know that you probably won't forgive me, but I still needed to apologize." I stand up and wrap my arms around his waist.

"I forgive you."

"Really?" he asks looking down at me. I push myself up onto my tiptoes.

"Really." I whisper before gently placing my lips on his. He's stunned at first, but quickly starts kissing me back. It's perfect. Eventually we pull apart for air. Luke smiles down at me. I smile softly and blush.

"That was ten times better than I ever imagined it would be." Luke breathes out. I blush harder and look down. He lifts my chin and brushes a stray hair out of my face. "I love you Libby."

"I love you too, Luke." His smiles gets even wider and he wraps his arms around me. He spins me in a circle.

"You don't know how much I've been wanting to hear those words come out of your mouth." He kisses me again. For the first time since my parents deaths I feel really, truly happy.

Michael's POV

Cat and I are staying with Spencer and her family. Her family is really nice and they absolutely adore Catherine. Spencer and I have gotten really close. Cat loves Spencer. At first Spence was afraid that us dating would effect Cat, but it hasn't. Whenever we go out on a date, we take Cat too. I don't mind, Spence doesn't mind and Cat loves to spend time with us. I don't want her thinking Spence is stealing me from her. At the moment we are at a park. Spencer saw an old friend so she's over talking with her, Cat is swinging and I'm just chilling on a bench taking in my surroundings. Spencer's family lives in San Francisco. It's a beautiful place. Spencer starts walking back with her friend. Spence takes a seat next to me.

"Hey." She says and kisses my cheek.

"Hey." I reply.

"This is my friend Karleigh."

"I'm Michael." I introduce myself.

"Oh trust me I am aware." she says and giggles. I raise an eyebrow at Spence. She shrugs. The girls continue talking and I just sit there watching Cat. She comes running up to me.

"Daddy?"

"Yes kitten?"

"We go thoon?"

"Why?"

"Da big kid benin mean ta me." She pouts.

"Which kid?" I ask. She points at a boy who's probably six or seven sitting on the swings.

"What did he do?"

"He puthed me off da sing." I stand and grab her hand. We walk towards the swings. The boy looks at us.

"Did you push her off the swing?" I ask him.

"No." he says with a nod.

"Really?"

"Yes." he shakes his head.

"Can you give it back please?" he shakes his head and gets up. He starts to walk off.

"Cat what do you say?"

"Tank you." she tells the boy. He shrugs and walks off. Kids are so weird. I walk back to the bench. Karleigh is gone. I sit next Spencer. She rests her head on my shoulder.

"Michael?"

"Hmm?"

"I love you." I don't even have to think about to know my answer.

"I love you too."

++++++++

Aww! What a sweet fluffy ending. There's going to be some drama in the next chapter. Please comment and vote. I would love to hear your thoughts on my story. Thanks!

Savannah(-: