#10

This is a very big chapter. Very important things happen. I hope I don't make you too sad or anything. Enjoy, maybe, chapter #10.

-Savannah:-)

+++

Libby's POV

It's early morning. I'm walking with Gypsy. She's dad's dog technically, but I take care of her for him. Tomorrow is new year's. The end of 2015 and the beginning of 2016. It's a beautiful day. The sky is clear and blue. There's a few birds singing and there's a slight breeze, but it feels nice. My family and I are invited to a new year's party and mom is forcing me to go. Apparently I need to be more social. I'm dreading it. On an upside Luke and I have been hanging out all week. I'm really going to miss him when he leaves for his tour. I take a deep breath, sigh and walk back into the house.

+the party+

The party is nice I suppose. Mom made me wear a dress. It's knee length and red. There's some music playing in the background, and snacks and I've seen a few people I know. It's almost midnight.

"Hey, is this seat taken?" Someone asks. I spin on my stool and see a girl my age.

"No." I say with a smile. She's sits down.

"I'm Lucia."

"Libby."

"Did your family make you come too?"

"Yeah. Apparently I have to be more social." I say with a laugh. She laughs too.

"Same. I spend to much time in my room obsessing over bands. Or so my mum says."

"What bands do you listen to?"

"Mainly 5 seconds of summer. But I like other stuff to. 5SOS have helped me so much though. Have you listened to their music?"

"Yeah. They're pretty great."

"Yeah. Calum is so hot. Well they all are actually. Did you know Luke has a daughter?"

"Yep."

"Have you heard their new album?"

"Not yet, but I want to."

"Can I have your number? We could hang out."

"Yeah sure." We switch phones and put our numbers in. Around us everyone starts counting down.

"10"
"9"
"8"
"7"
"6"
"5"
"4"
"3"
"2"
"1"

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!" Everyone yells. Mom pushes through all the people.

"It's time to go." I follow her outside to our car. Seth is asleep and Beckett is almost asleep. I take seat and pull out my phone. I know Luke is probably asleep, but I text him a happy New year before I put my earbuds in and start my music for the hour long drive. We drive along for awhile. And then there's a bright light, the car rolls, there's yelling and then every thing goes black.

Luke's POV

SHE LOOKS SO PERFECT STANDING THERE IN MY AMERICAN APPAREL UNDERWEAR! My phone is ringing. I reach over and grab it. I answer it without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?" All I hear is someone crying.

"Hello?"

"Luke?" I hear through the sobs.

"Yes?"

"It's Beckett."

"What's wrong?"

"We were in an accident. I'm scared. Dad's g-" she starts crying again.