Chapter 16

Author's Note: I haven't uploaded in forever! Last chapter, then epilogue. I still feel disappointed in this story's flow, but one day I'll finish that rewrite!

Enjoy, comment and vote!

----------------------

The Queen sat serenely next to the King and Queen of Illicia, where Tom comes from. Sylvia stood at the altar with a straight back, a bouquet of roses in her hand. The aisle was being littered with petals of a variety of petals as Tom walked up.

            I have to admit, I made a damn good wedding. I mean, come on, I had the petals specially ordered in and all the materials. Doves would be flying down from the dome ceiling later on!

            On each side of the ball room, the windows were left open to let in the cool breeze as the symbols of Thorns and Illicia hung down, billowing slightly. The color scheme from there went with a simple white, the color of a pale blue and a green from the flowers.

            Tom had finally made it onto the altar. The priest began to talk, everyone focused on him. I surveyed the room one last time to make sure everyone I needed were in their place and that the people I didn’t want harmed were far away. Good.

            “…till death do you part?”

            The line I was looking for.

            I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath. I couldn’t help but smirk. I truly had planned an excellent wedding.

            ****

            “Now!”

            It all happened in an instant. Kara’s magic spell, which she had been working on since the wedding began, was finished just on time, and searing red chains bound a good number of people to my surprise. Many of the guests were trying to run, but the door had been sealed with Henry on the other side keeping it locked.

            I love what happens next.

            The majority of the royalty had absolutely shocked faces on, including the usually composed Marko. I fled my seat, slipping away into the madness when I saw they had sent guards after me. No worries, the people I had assigned knew what to do, with or without me.

            Ducking under a table, I peeked out of the tablecloth to see (to my delight) a giant ball cage drop onto Sylvia, trapping her inside.

            “Sylvia! Sylvia!” the Queen was instantly there, trying to get her out. No use, it couldn’t be opened without a key and guess who had it. Tom, meanwhile, had disappeared somewhere. I glanced upwards to where Riles, Rika, and Reid were standing on a hidden platform, looking proud of themselves. To finish the grand spectacle, Army soldiers of all Junctions burst in through the windows, and before anyone could react, they sealed off the windows, the last chance of escape.

            “What’s going on here?!” the Queen shrieked. “Where is that traitor of an Engineer?!”

            Still hiding under a table my dear Queen.

            “Seriously, what’s going on?”

            I jumped, turning around to see Tom smirking at me.

            “I finally found you,” he said, kneeling besides me under the table. “What’s going on?”

            “Let’s just say I have a few connections,” I smiled. “Being an Engineer pays in more ways than just money.”