Chapter 6

Author's Note: It's too early in the morning... This chapter is to answer the screening process of Sylvia when she first appeared, and then Syl's agreement with Tom.

Like I said, too early in the morning (so it's 10:30, so what?), so I don't feel like putting much.

Enjoy, vote and comment please!

4 Votes: July 12

Normality: July 14

-------------------

Marko showed me his room and asked me stop by whenever I felt like it. He seemed pretty attached to me, just like a little kid. You know, except the fact that he’s fourteen. I must really look like the Sylvia he pictures.

            I wandered the castle, not having really paid attention on how to get back.

            Was he telling the truth, that the Sylvia I had seen wasn’t the actual one? He and Tom seemed to be the most reliable ones at this point. I figured some motherly senses would’ve kicked in from the Queen, but was she just simply overjoyed to the point where she was blinded?

            “How did they prove she was the real princess…?” I muttered to myself.

            “An incredibly long process that took over two days.”

            I turned around to find Prince Tom right behind me.

            “Hello,” he waved.

            “Sir,” I bowed my head.

            “You don’t have to be so formal,” he laughed. “I know why you’re here. To plan my wedding and to be someone that isn’t a spoiled aristocrat boy. Please, treat me as you would a friend at the Gear Hall.”

            If I did that, I would be tackling you to the ground with hugs every time I saw you. That’s how I greeted all my friends back at the Gear Hall, and they always laughed but never minded.

            “Were you with Marko?” he asked.

            “Yeah,” I smiled. “He’s a nice kid, a little quiet, but nice.”

            “He seemed rather fond of you. He’s weary of making friends, doesn’t like the ones down in the Royal Town,” Tom said. “You were wondering how they identified Sylvia, right?”

            “Yeah.”

            “Long process, like I said,” Tom began to explain. “She appeared at the front door announcing that she was Sylvia, saying that she had lost her memory when she was separated from us and when she finally recalled it, she recalled everything. Aunt Helena was oozing happiness, but of course they had to run a few tests. Birthmark check, interrogating her to see how accurate her recollection of the night she disappeared was, Marko’s approval, my approval.”

            “But, from what Marko’s told me…” I said.

            “I know, I just finished talking to him,” Tom said. “We only said yes so we wouldn’t disappoint the Queen, but mainly to find out why this girl came here out of the blue declaring that she was Sylvia. We have to play along, pretend that she’s actually her, till we can find out the truth. You know the plans, the question is will you help.”

            “Bro, I came here for an adventure and this is more than I could’ve ever asked for,” I joked. Seeing Tom’s confused face, I laughed and said, “That’s a yes!”