Chapter 11

Author's Note: Sorry if the chapter's a bit short, with writer's block, I can't combine chapters in fear of running out and going on a longer writing haitus than I really want. Hopefully it'll go away! D:<

Enjoy, comment and vote please!

3 Votes: August 11

Normality: August 13

-----------------------

“Are you absolutely crazy?!”

            I was fed up with the whole romance thing. Something in my past… I brushed that thought aside. These past few days had been nothing but the romantic oozing of Princess Sylvia and Tom’s flirting. Even Marko now!

            “I’ve only been here for a few days and you’re already saying these kinds of things?!” I snapped. “What’s up with royalty? Is reproducing all you people ever think about? What about relationships and time? Take that into consideration!”

           I stormed out of the room, slamming the door behind me, heading to the ball room where the wedding would be held.

            Maybe I overreacted, and maybe, just maybe, my face felt a little hot not from anger, but maybe it was right to yell at them. Throwing aside all the consequences of even doing that to princes, what was up with them?! It’s only been, what, two or three days, and something like this was already coming up. Love at first sight was shallow, and the princes seemed just like that. They barely even knew me, I barely even knew them and Tom… ugh!

            I have to get it out of my mind, concentrate on the wedding. Get to know the princess, and wonder if Marko was right.

            ****

            “Syl, are you alright?” Sylvia asked me. I had broken the lead on my pencil again. “You’re a little red.”

            “Something just happened,” I smiled weakly. No point in lying, people are just going to get more worried. “Nothing too important. Don’t worry.”

            She nodded slowly and went back to picking out what flowers she’d like to have thrown.

            “May I recommend dragon lace flowers?” the florist showed off beautiful silver flowers that seemed like they would disappear in a single touch. “When thrown, they create a magnificent white snow, and shine in the sun light in multiple colors.”

            “It sounds wonderful!” Sylvia nodded. “Syl, do you mind having the colors coordinate with the dragon lace?”

            “No problem,” I shrugged. I hadn’t even started on the colors, just the general layout of the wedding. The first half would take part in garden right outside the ball room, an open space surrounded by trees and roses. The second half, the dance, would be inside as well as the dinner.

            “Hey, Syl, what would you say to be my maid of honor?”

            The question popped out of nowhere and I nearly choked on my spit in surprise. “W-Why?” I asked.

            “You’re putting in a lot of work for my wedding, I thought it would be the least I can do,” Sylvia smiled. “We should spend some more time together; I can just tell we’re going to be good friends.”

            I put up a smile, not really having much intention of getting know Sylvia. However, she’s a princess, have to show some manners.

            I sighed. I can’t believe I yelled at a prince, never mind two! Disrespecting royalty earned you some quality time in the dungeons; I knew that for sure considering my limited knowledge of the laws.

            ****

            I wandered outside to the ballroom garden to do a few measurements for a frame that would hold some flowers that the princess still hadn’t decided.

            “Princess!”

            I heard a shriek from behind of me, probably from a maid. The princess had walked out with me for some fresh air… I looked above to see Freed descend to us.

            He had wanted to fly around and had spotted me. Don’t ask me how I know that, I just suddenly did. I shouldn’t, only a Rider can read the thoughts of their dragon.

            Clearly Freed saw a lot of people he didn’t know. It’s the reason why he reared up onto his back legs and his stomach, white, began to glow red. He was going to attack the lot of us because of so many strangers!

            “Luna, calm down!” Sylvia was saying but Freed refused to listen. He was going to set fire to all of us if he didn’t stop!