Chapter 15

Author's Note: One month already? Wow.

So it's nearly the end. I don't really like the feel of the pacing, like it's going too fast. The rewrite is still going on...

To clarify: Tom and Syl have grown close because of how much of time they spend together.

Enjoy :D

----------------------------------------

“Syl. Hey, Syl. Syl… Syl!”

            What the… it’s still dark in my room. Am I dreaming someone’s saying me name…?

            I cracked open an eye to see if I was just dreaming or not before jumping up.

            “What the…?! Get out of my room!”

            Tom was standing at my bedside, that surprised look on his face, probably because I just yelled at him. The guy… I know we’re a lot better friends now than two months ago, but still! He has no right to come into my room, especially when I’m dreaming about chocolate!

            “Why are you even in here?” I hissed. “What time is it?”

            “Three, morning. I couldn’t sleep so I came here,” he gave a faint smile.

            “So you decided to wake me up?” I asked. What was he thinking?

            “Can I sit down?” he asked. I sighed, sitting up and leaning against the wall, letting him sit beside me. “I want to talk.”

            “Shoot,” I said. “Looks like I have tons of time to kill.”

            He laughed quietly, giving me a smile.

           “I can’t sleep because I’m nervous, scared, angry, and a lot of other shit feelings, all due to this wedding,” he admitted.

            “So should I hold your hand and tell you it’ll be fine or some crap like that?” I joked. “Oh, dude, I was just kidding. Why are you blushing?”

            Indeed he was.

            This is too great of an opportunity to pass up to tease the prince. I mean, come on, how many times can you ridicule royalty?

            I gently put my hand on top of Tom’s hand, intertwining my fingers with his. As I thought, he turned even redder, which is a pretty large statement seeing as we’re in a dark room.

            “Why are you blushing?” I laughed. My giggles stopped when he began to bite his lower lip.

            “Look Syl, there’s something I need to confess,” he said.

            “And what is that?” I tried to make a joke out of it again to lighten the sudden serious atmosphere, failing miserably.

            “Over the last two months…” he was chewing his lip again and to my surprise, his hand tightened. “I…”

            “What?”

            “Being a prince has a lot of perks, including all the girls I could ever ask for. I thought it’d be great, you know? And it was, for a while. But after some time, it got annoying. These girls would do whatever I said to make me happy. I hated it. Then all of a sudden, I was to be arranged to Sylvia, someone I knew when I was just a little boy. I didn’t complain; I was elated that she was back. That is, till I saw her. Something about Sylvia didn’t feel right…” he said, taking a breath.