OotG Prologue

Author's Note: I probably shouldn't, but I couldn't resist creating a second story :D The idea came to me while I was bored and feeling kind of mute (listened to Bad Apple a little too many times). I don't want to write a lot of ongoing stories at the same time though >_<'''

I hope you enjoy the new story, comment and vote please!

------------------------

Prologue

           Fireworks in all colors burst in the night sky, and there were lights everywhere I looked in beautiful red, warm glows. However, I was thrown off by the screams of horror and desperation. Isn’t this the time to be celebrating? I thought.

            I was holding onto the hand of my mother who was carrying my baby brother, Marko, in her arms. We were running away from the lights and the men in soldier uniforms, being pushed into a carriage. In front of me was Tom, the boy I had been born next to. He looked just about as confused as I did.

            “Mommy, why are we -?” I was cut off when a large soldier ran into me, my hand falling out of my mother’s just as she got into the carriage and it was slammed shut by another soldier. He promptly hopped in the seat in front and whipped the two horses, the stage coach speeding away from all the chaos.

            “Mommy…?” I asked weakly. Tears began to come down my face, a normal reaction from a four year old. “Mommy!”

            “Hey, what’s a little girl like you doin’ on the streets?”

            A man, in his twenties, with a growing beard, was standing behind me with a worried look. The cobblestones were overtaken by soldier’s feet and people running, but this man had stopped. “Come on, gotta get you to safety.”

            He promptly picked me up, making his way to a docked air ship. Giant gears the color of bronze and gold were all spinning, running it. It took up the space of nine houses lined together, the size putting me in awe.

            “Marv, what’s up with the little girl? We got no time!” a muscled man grunted. “We’re right about to take off!”

            “Wurse, have a damn heart! I found her alone, crying for her mother. Can’t just leave her out there in that mess! Town's bein' raided!” Marv scowled. Wurse hesitated for a second, his eyes resting on me. I quickly turned my upper body into Marv’s leather jacket.

            “Fine, fine!” Wurse threw his arms into the air in defeat and moved aside. “Now hurry up!”

            Marv broke into a large smile, clapping Wurse on the shoulder, and ran inside. “You stay here,” he told me. He had gone into a room where there was a large comfortable bed on a simple wooden frame. “I’ll be back soon.”

            I nodded, still too scared to talk. Marv smiled warmly and left, closing the door behind him. I took in my surroundings. Beige walls all around, a desk with scattered papers, and a few scattered photos tacked to the wall.

            Closing my eyes, I fell onto the soft pillows and drifted into the world of dreams...