Chapter 27 - A date with Jack Frost

Three days remained till the big night: Christmas.

Elsa was finally relieved from the duty of being the Tooth Fairy. Since she was released, she had gone with Bunnymund to help color, grow, and nurture easter eggs and went around with Sandy on his dream rout. Jack also tagged along saying that he had nothing else to do, but the truth was he wanted to be around Elsa more.

Today Elsa was given the day off. She was able to go anywhere and do anything, but chose to stay in her room at the workshop. She hadn't seen Scorch in two days and was doing her best to avoid running into him. In her mind, she thought that if she stayed put in the workshop then Scorch wouldn't be able to reach her.

At the moment, Elsa was sitting with her back against the door and her knees pull to her chest. Her head rested against the door with her eyes closed like she was asleep.

There was a soft knock at the door.

"Elsa?" Jack said through the door. "Are you in there?"

Elsa stood up, opening the door. Jack was standing in the middle of the hall looking normal as usual, but something was a little off. He didn't make eye contact and was fidgeting with his wooden staff.

"Yes?" Elsa said, waiting for him to respond.

"I, uh, was wondering if you'd like to go on a picnic with me later today."

"Oh," Elsa was taken back by this request. "I--"

"It's okay if you don't. I understand," Jack rushed out, his face turning red. He was thinking that Elsa was rejecting him.

"No, no, no, i-it's fine. I'd love to," she smiled, blushing hard. "When should I be ready?"

Jack blinked a few times, trying to clear his head. "Four. I'll come back and pick you up at four."

"I'll be ready," she responded, closing the door gently.

Once the door was closed, she let out a breath, glancing the clock. It was two, so she had two hours to get ready.

She looked through the closet looking for anything that would possibly suit her nicely, but it was easier said than done. Some of clothes weren't the right shade of blue or purple, or didn't have the right fabric material.

There was one dress she found. It was a light blue, but too simple. She placed it on the bed, took a deep breath, closing her eyes, and waved her hand over it. Thin sheets of ice and frost covered it making the ice shine silver in the light. Smiling, she put it on.

After examining herself in the mirror, she moved on to her hair. She didn't want to keep it in it's normal braid, so wore it down and did a little braid in the back.

Elsa looked at the clock again. Still another forty-five minutes before Jack would be here. She decided to pass the time by reading.

"So you like reading?" Someone in the room asked.

Elsa was startled by the sudden noise. She turned to right where the voice had come from.

It was Scorch.

"H--how'd you get in here?" Elsa asked, terrified. She moved away from the bed and to the other side of the room.

Scorch picked up the book Elsa had been reading. He looked through it and read the back to see what it was about.

"Is it any good?"

"I said, how did you get in here?"

He sighed, tossing the book on the bed, and lying back against the mattress. "Where there's fire, there's a way in."