Chapter 18 - New Fears

Tooth lead Elsa back to the main room where a table was laid out for breakfast. The North was the only other one there.

"Where's everyone else?" Elsa asked.

"Sandy's spreading happy dreams, Bunny's asleep, and Jack is probably causing some sort of mischief in the warm part of the United States." North replied.

Elsa nodded and sat down to eat. Most of the food reminded her of Christmas. Ham and egg nog were on placed on her plate by a few clumsy elves. She giggled as they tried to make their way down.

Elsa was in the middle of cutting her food when someone zoomed passed behind her. Though she did not see who it was, the wind made enough noise to startle her. She jumped as the person took a seat.

"Did I scare you?" Jack asked smirking as he picked up a few cookies. She glared at him and started to eat.

Bunnymund was next to come in nibbling on carrots. Sandy arrived next on a golden sand horse. He appeared to be wearing sand armor as well.

"Sandy, there's no need to wear all the extra protection." North told him.

A bunch of images popped up above his head all at once. Some how North was able to make sense of it all.

"I understand what happened last time with Pitch, but this is a bit of an over exaggeration. Don't you think?"

They argued like that for a while.

"What happened last time?" Elsa asked Jack.

He looked down then back at her. "I don't think you're ready. It's pretty scary."

"Just tell me."

He sighed and began the story. "We had to battle Pitch a few years ago. When we did, Sandy was killed. Then, when we fought him for the last time, the kids came outside and used imagination to bring him back."

"Oh," was all Elsa could manage to say. She thought for a moment before thinking of the right question. "Could that happen to anyone else? To die and be reborn by the children?"

Jack shook his head. "I don't think so. I think it only worked because they both use sand. We don't really talk about it."

She nodded and went back eating, only now she didn't taste any of it. She was now even more afraid knowing what Pitch was capable of. Maybe Jack was right. Maybe she wasn't ready.