Checkmate

A/N: Hi Guys!! I'm sorry it took so long for me to update, I wasn't really sure if anyone was reading it.. I will try to update more in the future.

Disclaimer: I do not own Black Butler or any of its characters except the ones that I create.

×××

"Y/N..." Ciel stepped back a bit surprised. "It can't be.." He turned away from you, holding his head as if to pretend none of this was happening.

You reached your hand out as you spoke "Are you o-" you were cut off by his outburst

"Why are you here!?" He yelled, fear evident in his eyes. "Did they send you!? To recapture me?!" He walked closer to you menacingly. "You can tell them that you've failed." He said venom dripping on his every word.

You stood calmly. Frankly, you would have reacted the same way if you hadn't known he had escaped. You calmly looked up at him, flames in his eyes hiding the fear beneath them, and slapped him.

He took a step back, holding his face in shock. You could see from the corner of your eye his butler trying to help him, but Dorian stopped him. "Snap out of it." You said, rather annoyed " If I was with them, you would already be back at that horrible place."

He looked at you with less shock and more confusion and a slow build of anger. "I escaped before you. I hadn't expected you to have a demon, but I knew you had escaped."

He looked at you dumbfounded as you turned to Dorian "Thank you for the heads up buy the way." You said sarcastically to the smirking Butler.

"How did you know he was a demon?" Ciel responded, finally comprehensive again.

You turned to him with an amused smile. "Have you not seen it?" You held back a laugh at his confused face before sighing and holding his shoulders to point him towards the two Butlers.

"Do you see it now?" You said in his ear you could feel him shiver from the proximity of your voice, before he looked at them closely.

"You have a demon.." He concluded. "Finally I thought I was going to have to spell it out for you." You teased, standing in front of him once more.

"So, I'm guessing your contract is behind that eyepatch?" You questioned raising an eyebrow. He brought a hand to his right eye as he slowly removed the eyepatch to reveal a purple symbol with a barbed wire pattern in a circle and a 5 edged star in the middle.

You smiled before removing your own eyepatch and revealing the magenta symbol with a barbed wire pattern forming a circle around an eight edged star.

His eyes widened at the similarities between your symbols. You watched as his shocked face slowly turned to confusion, curiosity and finally back to his usual stern expression. You had to admit, it was amusing to watch his expressions.

"My lady," Dorian interjected "you haven't forgotten the reason we came have you?" You gave him a sharp look. "Of course I haven't. I was just taking part in formalities." You responded, putting your eyepatch back on.

"So, why have you come to my mansion unannounced?" Ciel asked raising an eyebrow.

You turned towards Ciel, all informality gone from your voice. "I would prefer to discuss this in private."

He looked slightly stunned. "Very well. Sebastian, bring some tea up to my study." He turned to walk up the stairs beckoning you to follow.

*Ιи тнє ѕтυ∂у*

"I must say, I didn't think I would find someone as good at chess as myself." You said as you moved your Bishop to take out Ciels' Knight,  putting down your tea.

"Nor did I, it's nice to have a challenge once in a while." He said, moving his Queen to take out your Knight.

You smiled to yourself as you moved your Bishop to take out his Queen. "It would seem that your Queen is dead." You said, giving a double meaning to your words "and you are responsible."

You glanced up at him to see his expression guarded. "So that's why you've come." He sipped his tea before putting it down and leaning back to look at you.

You did the same before narrowing your eyes slightly. "I only have one question."

He looked at you, telling you to proceed.

"Why?" You asked as he raised an eyebrow. "Why what?"

"Why did you kill the Queen? What could have possibly driven you to the point at which you would kill the person that you swore to serve?" You asked harsher than intended.

"I didn't kill the Queen." Was all he said as he continued to drink his tea.

"Well, my witness says otherwise." You stated just as coolly.

He sat up straighter, if possible, in his chair as he looked you straight in the eyes "What witness?"

You sighed and held back an eye roll "You of all people should know how these things work. I can't tell you who the witness the is." You crossed your arms and raised an eyebrow at him.

He relaxed slightly as his guarded expression settled on his face once more. "If the witness is the queens supposed body guard, you would do well to disregard everything..he says."

"Actually, the witness is no he." You stated, watching his face for any sign of guilt.

"Then, it must be Angela Blanc. She was the Queens' personal guard. Did she tell you that she's the one who sewed those rotten pieces of skin onto the Queen? They're pieces of the late King." He stated, watching you just as carefully.

"You aren't telling me anything I don't already know, Earl Phantomhive." You were starting to get agitated and you could tell the same of him.

"Well, if you are trying to figure out who killed the Queen, I would say it was Angela. The rotting parts that she had attached to the Queen slowly killed her everyday." He said, still on edge.

You paused in thought. "She did mention that the Queen was no longer pure.." You looked at him only to see his slight smug expression. "But, why should I trust anything you say? If you did murder the Queen, you would try to sway suspicion from yourself."

"Why would I kill the Queen? She was a fair women whom I had sworn compliance." He raised an eyebrow "How could I possibly benefit from her death?"

"It seems that we will never reach an agreement." You sighed as you stood to leave, watching him quickly ascend "It was rather enjoyable seeing you again, Earl Phantonhive, If only it were under better circumstances." You both bowed/curtsied a goodbye.

Before you started towards the door you glanced at the chess board and smiled before moving the final piece. "Checkmate."