The Queens' end

A/N: Hiya! I know we haven't been seeing much of Ciel, but I plan on having him in the next chapter. I know some of you must be aggravated like 'for crying out loud! It's a reader x CIEL! So where the f@$# is Ciel!?' I would just like to say that please bare with me just for one more chapter...😅

Disclaimer: I do not own Black butler, or any of the characters in it.

×××

It had been 3 years since the ball. You have been working actively as the Queens fox. So far, you have never not completed a mission

Anna, Roy, Michael and Jacob have become... for the most part.. better at their jobs. They do still have bouts of clumsiness.. Just thinking about their antics made you cringe.

Dorian is the only one competent enough to guarantee that the household duties are carried out properly.

And as for you, you have decided to wear a deep burgundy eye patch to cover the mark on your eye. You have let your hair grow to hip length and have a rather serious outlook on life. Since the ball the main focus of your life is to find the people who hurt you and your parents, and make sure they suffer just as much as you did.

As you where in your study, reminiscing, you did not hear the knock that came from the door.

You where sitting in your chair half heartedly going through some paperwork, when all of a sudden you felt a hand on your shoulder. "My lady." You jumped up in fright, before giving a glare.

"Dorian! You know I hate it when you do that!" You said pinching the ridge of your nose. He smirked, "Yes, my lady. I just wanted to inform you that Sir Edward has arrived for a surprise visit."

Your eyes widened. "Edward is here? Now!?" You said shocked. "Yes, my lady." You sighed. "I will be down in a minute." He bowed before leaving.

You sighed again before taking a glance at your paperwork, before walking out of the room. You walked down the stairs. Before spotting the brunet.

"(Y/N)! You look more radiant every time I see you!" He said giving you a big hug. "Hello, Edward." You said a little annoyed at the line he had made his own personal introduction.

"Why so formal? We are betrothed after all." He said giving a small wink. "Your such a flirt, you know that?" You said looking at the clock. "Well someone has to be." He walked closer to you, taking your hands. You whipped your head towards him. "W-what are you doing?" You asked, blushing at how close he was.

"Why don't we have a picnic?" He asked smiling. "A picnic?" You asked raising an eyebrow. "Yes! We hardly ever see each other anymore. You're always working! Why don't we go out and have a relaxing day?" He said enthusiastically.

You pondered this for a second. 'It was your duty as a (S/N) lady to  make him happy.. And you could really use a break.' You gave him a small smile "I suppose it would be fun. And we could have it right here in the gardens."

He seemed to light up. "Ok! Dorian, can make us a picnic basket?" He said, looking at Dorian. "Of course, Sir Edward. It will be ready in just a moment." He bowed before leaving to prepare the basket.

Edward grabbed your hand and practically dragged you out the doors in his happiness.

*ℓαтєя тнαт ∂αу*

"Today was amazing! Thank you so much for gracing me with your company." Edward said, delirious with happiness.

"I have to admit, it was fun." You said giving a small smile. "We should do it again! Soon!" He said as he walked to his carriage. You waved goodbye before heading back to your study.

'I just don't understand why people are always betrothed to cousins.' You thought, 'maybe it's so they get used to each other's company as they grow up..' You pushed the thought away as you started your paperwork again.

Not long after, you heard a knock at the door. "Enter." You said, focused on the papers in front of you.

Dorian entered and set a tray down, before pouring tea into a cup. "Afternoon tea, my lady." You looked up from you papers. "What kind?" You asked putting down your papers. "Earl grey." He said calmly. You looked at him suspiciously, "It's usually Chamomile at this time." He looked up at you "You are correct, but I thought you would need to stay alert after the letter from the palace."

You sat up straighter "Why do I have a bad feeling about this?" He handed you the tea cup. "My lady, the Queen is dead."

You frowned. "The Queen is dead? Are you certain you've read it right?" He looked amused "There is no other way to read it."

You nodded. "How?" He packed up the tray "They don't know." You rested your chin on your hands "Is anyone investigating?"

"No, my lady. Nobody has been allowed to see the body." He looked at you as though he knew what you where about to say. "Dorian." He smirked "Yes, my lady?"  You stood up "Take me to the palace."

"Yes, my lady."