Casting Crowns

I peered at Eli. "Thats what reallly happened?" He nodded solemnly, and I sqealed and jumped on him.

With my scrawny arms, I gathered as much of Eli as I could, and squeezed really hard. "Thank you, thank you thank you! You saved my life!" I kissed his cheek twice and then hugged him again. He chuckled, and pulled away.

"The gang and I got a surprise for you." Eli said, excitedly. I looked at him expectantly. "Were going to Six Flags to see Casting Crowns perform!"

"The Casting who?" I asked surprised. What about Sleeping With Sirens? And 1D? I loved Kellin Quinn and Niall Horan more than.anything. And whos this Casting Crow dude?

"They're a famous Christian band. Come on, were going to the twins house to listen to their music." I called the chauffer, and Eli gave him a CD to play.

"Who am I?

That the Lord of all the earth,

Would care to know my name,

Would care to feel my hurt?"

A mans deep voice sang the melody. His voice was as creamy as cream cheese. I liked his voice. It was a fatherly voice, definatly not as young as Kellin Quinn or Niall Horan. I looked at Eli, and he mumbled the words along with the man.

Eli liked it, so I should. I listened to the lyrics, and they really squeezed my heart and made me think.

"I am a flower quickly fading

Here today and gone tomorrow

A wave tossed in the ocean

A vapor in the wind!

Still you,

You hear me when I'm calling

Lord you catch me when I'm falling

You told me who I am,

I am Yours."

Tears sprung to my eyes. Who am I? Why did the Lord love me? I was so mean, rude, and ugly to people! Why would he forgive me? I dont deserve to be loved.

I sobbed and Eli's head snapped towards me. "Rylie? Whats wrong?" He automatically wrapped his arm around me and pulled me close to him.

"Its God! He- he loves me? Why? People HATE me for being so mean to others. How can he love me?" I choked out. Eli looked at me with love in his eyes.

"Rylie, he forgives you because he loves you. He's able to forgive us because his son died for us. It was a huge price that he was willing to pay. And he loves everyone equally. Like rich people and thieves and poor people and liars and you and.me."

I looked at Eli. His eyes sparkled with truth, and slowly, I smiled. "Thanks Eli. Hey, I know this sounds corny, but wanna be my best friend?" Eli chuckled.

"Of course, Ry."

$$$

"WOOOOH!WOOOOO! SING UNTIL,THE WHOLE WORLD HEARS!" I had my arms wrapped around Carmen and Emma's shoulders. We all sang along to the Casting Crowns, and smiled at eachother.

Mark stood at the stage wearing a black t-shirt with a white cross on it. He paired it with dark washed jeans and nice sneakers.

Thats what I love about Casting Crowns. They looked like normal people, not like Lady Gaga. We all danced around in our seats like maniacs.

"Rylie, I've never seen you let loose before, girl!"Carmen yelled over the pumped crowd. "Yeah! Its like a whole new you!" Emma screamed.

I giggled and shrugged, and took a glance at Eli. He was singing along to the music with his hand in the air. His eyes were closed, but he had a look of pure peace on his face.

I smiled. I wanna try that! I gathered enough self-confidence to throw my arm in the air. I forced my eyes closed, and rocked my body back and forth.

I was really understanding the lyrics from "Lifesong." I felt a sensation over my body, as if I was being hugged from behind. When I opened my eyes, no one was there, but the sensation continued.

Suddenly, the crowd, and the band muted. "Rylie." A deep voice boomed. My jaw hung loose, and I was baffled. "God?" My voice was shaky.

"I have an important mission for you. It will take up most of your life, so you need to start now. There is a person in this crowd who is truly in trouble. Help them. I'll give you a hint- the person has violet eyes. Good luck."

The noise came back, and my friends were still jamming out. I didnt have the energy to dance or sing the rest of the concert.

I was too busy searching for the Violet-Eyed Suspect.

$$$

Vomment!!!

My profile picture is Carmen!

P.S I actually went to the Casting Crowns concert in Six Flags Great Adventure. KJ-52, For King and Country, and Jamie Grace were all there.

It rocked!!!