An Explanation

Katniss and the Rebels

Chapter 13: An Explanation

So the last chapter? Why would Bran tell his mother about Peeta and Katniss? What songs will The Rebels choose? Well that last one is up to all you who read this story. I have one song that a reviewer said might be a good song for them to sing. So if anybody else have any ideas let me know.

Now on with Chapter 13

Katniss POV

"We can't sing that Katniss it is too girly and stupid."

"Oi just because I wrote it doesn't mean that it's girly Darius! Since when would anyone describe me as girly?"

"I could think of a few who would-"

"Shut up the both of you" Gale yells at us and we fall silent. "Now we need to choose two songs to sing for James how many have we narrowed them down to?"

"Here I wrote down the ones we have to choose from while them two were bickering," Thom says glancing at Darius and I but we ignore him and continue to glare at each other. "We have six and we need to choose two from them."

"Good, finally somebody other than me that is listening," Gales says and Thom passes him the paper and Gale quickly looks over it.

"All right so there is six songs here and we need to pick two of them"

"Well done Caption Obvious." Darius says sarcastically

"Darius." Thom say sternly

"What?"

"Oh that's it" I shout over the two and tear out a page from Thom's notepad and start tearing it into six pieces

"Catnip what are you-?"

"Shush Hawthorne" Seriously these guys never stop talking. I grab the pen that Darius has been clicking (rather annoyingly I might add) all morning and I write down each song on each of the papers so we have six papers with the six songs on them. I fold them up and then stand up and get one of Vick's hats from the banister and put the papers in it, I copy a different song onto each scrap of paper.

I walk back into the room and give the hat to Gale.

"Right you pick one piece of paper and then Thom you pick the other one."

"Hey why can't I choose one?" moans Darius (what is with him today?)

"Because you cheat at everything Dar" Thom answers for me

Before Darius can snap back at him Gale picks his piece of paper and then passes the hat to Thom who also picks one. They look at us for a second before opening them.

Peeta POV

My mother isn't speaking to me since the argument which I am completely fine with. What I am not fine with though is my eldest brother knocking on my door for two hours and asking me to talk to him yesterday while I tried to do my homework and tried to get my mind of Katniss and also off my mother.

I woke up early this morning in an attempt to avoid Bran. I texted Finnick asking if I could have breakfast at his which isn't an irregular occurrence for one of us to go to the others for breakfast to escape our family members. He texts back 'Sure' and I quickly got ready and left for his house. I could hear Bran yell after me on my way out but again I ignored him and walked to Finnick's house.

After we eat he of course questioned me on everything and even after two hours. It seems he isn't out of questions yet.

"So let me get this straight Peet, your mother found out from Bran that Katniss was over in your house and thought you were seeing her and sleeping with her." Finnick asks with wide eyes.